C H A P T E R - F O U R

I stare at the roof of Victor's fort, with my mind replaying what I had experienced, everytime I close my eyes for a split second, the black figure would appear, it haunts me. What would've happened if Victor didn't open that door? Would I even be alive? I sit up and crawl over Victor, hoping he wouldn't wake up. I make my way out of the fort walking to my kitchen to grab a drink. I slowly walked to the kitchen listening to the rain fall on the window. I open my fridge taking out a bottle of water. I walk over to the bay window in the dining room and sit down. Watching the rain fall down on the window. Silence filled my house, no thunder rumbling, just the sound of rain falling. Taking a sip of my water, still getting flashbacks, now and from what happened in my past. Images of Will and El, images of the underground tunnels from almost five years ago. Just remembering what happened gives me the chills, and before I knew it, I began having a small panic attack. Just the thought of it all happening again, makes me scared. I Lay my head in my hands wishing this would all end.

"Hey, what are you doing up?" A voice whispers. I look up from my place and look into Victor's eyes.

"I-I couldn't sleep" He sighs and makes his way towards me sitting down in front of me.

"Why?" He genuinely asks.

"I can't get that thing that happened to me off my mind. And my past is haunting me"

"Hey, hey, hey. I'm here now, you're going to be alright" His voice warm and calming. I give Victor a small smile. He moves his hand to mine. "Can't you just think about something better to get it off your mind?"

"Well, I've tried. And there's something keeping me from doing exactly what I want to do, because of what happened back in Hawkins"

"What happened. You never told me"

"Well, it's mostly because I didn't want it to happen again"

"Just tell me Emma, it's not going to hurt you" I let out a breathy laugh.

"Vic, you don't get it. But, I'll give you a brief overview" I take a deep breath. "I had a crush on one of my best friends, and I thought that getting in a relationship with him would take my mind off of what's happening, and well. Me confessing to him, the opposite happened. Everytime we were together it was just awkward. And don't go telling me that it's normal"

"Emma, if he doesn't like you back that's his loss. Not yours" I give Victor a wide smile.

"I don't know what I would do without you Vic. I'm glad we met"

"Same with you. If I wasn't such a clutz then I wouldn't know who the pretty girl moving into town was"

"Vic..."

"I'm being honest"

"I really do like this necklace though, thank you so much"

"I knew you would like it" Victor jokes. I let silence fall between us before speaking.

"So why are you up?"

"Light sleeper, I felt you moving around"

"Sorry about that"

"Don't be. So tell me, what did you mean by 'I didn't want it to happen again'?" I really wished that he didn't bring this up.

"I-I uh, it's nothing"

"It has to be something" I can't tell him, I thought. At least not yet.

"I just have feelings for this one guy and I can't have the same exact thing happen again"

"Who wouldn't like you?"

"You" I mumble under my breath.

"What?"