Feyre

I didn't know what was happening.
There had been screams coming from the prison cell for about a minute now.
The cell I had never wanted her to be locked in.

I knew how it felt to wake up and not know where you are.
To feel locked up and helpless.
Even though she had threatened Rhys I wouldn't wish that on her.
I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But Keir had insisted that we would lock her up and Rhys couldn't seem weak in front of this court.
All I knew was that we had to help her.

Rhys, we need to do something.
I agree, but wait for me. Don't go down there alone. We don't know what's happening. It could be a trap. I wouldn't want her to be a threat to our child.
Yeah, I'll wait but hurry. We aren't the only ones, who can hear her screaming.

Half a minute later I heard a hurried knocking on the door and was relieved when I saw Rhys standing in the doorway.

As we reached the cells I could see her laying on the floor hunching in pain.
She barely looked at us and didn't stop screaming.

„What's wrong with her, Rhys?”
„I don't know Feyre, I can't get in her head.”
„I didn't even want her to be locked down here. We need to help her now.”

Her screams grew louder and my concern got bigger.

„We can't help her here. Keir thinks I'm punishing her for trying to kill me, we can't just walk out of here with her.”
„Then just winnow us out of here. We'll tell him... I don't know. We'll tell him she was too fragile and didn't survive your punishment.”

Go get her.
I watched him as he unlocked her cell and came closer and closer.
With every step he took I witnessed her sliding away from him until she hit the wall behind her.
With every slide I could see the horror in her eyes.

And it was that moment I realized she had been through horrors.
She knew what it was like to be locked up and beaten.
It was that moment horror filled my whole body.
She was so young.
Too young and this world had destroyed her.
It had showed her all its cruelty.
I could see that in her eyes.
And anger was the only thing that was left in me.
I wasn't angry with her or myself.
I was angry with the world for taking something beautiful and turning it in cruelty.

Suddenly her screams stopped and I saw that she had fainted in Rhys arms.
Get her out of here. To the house of wind. I will follow you but first I will inform Keir about her death.
He nodded and then disappeared.

I left the prison cells and went to Keirs room.
After knocking, I could hear Keirs voice asking me to come in.
„Highlady? How can I help you?”
I hated that man with all I had.
After what he did to Mor he deserved nothing.
Nothing.
„I just wanted to inform you that our prisoner didn't survive the Highlords punishment. She was too fragile. The Highlord is taking care of her body right now.”
„How unpleasant.”
His face didn't show any unpleasantness.
He just smirked at me.
„Is there anything else you want to tell me?”
„No.”
„Well then good evening to you, high lady.”
I just nodded and left his room again.
Then I winnowed back to the house of winds.

It was quiet when I entered the house.
„Hello? Guys?”
I could hear quick footsteps, then Mor was standing in front of me.
„Feyre. Thank God youre here. I thought something had happened to you. Cassians arrived an hour ago with an unconscious Azriel and didn't even talk to me then Rhys just came here with that human and you weren't here. What's going on here?”

I explained to her what had happened and I could see the concern in her eyes.

„Who is that girl? We don't know her and she definitely means trouble. Can we even trust her? I mean she tried to kill Rhys!”
„I don't know but we will find out soon.”