02 - A New Friend

Chapter 2

Jacob’s POV

The whole class consisted of me staring at Mr. Bieber and in not the most of innocent of ways. I just couldn’t help it, though! All I could do was just… stare and dream and wish and long and ugh, I was being pathetic. He was my teacher! Which meant that I had no shot in the world to ever get to do anything that I actually fantasized doing. Ever. It was a sad reality, but the least I could do was daydream. He was so sweet too and that killer smile and why was he so young looking? The thoughts just ran and ran through my mind as my eyes stayed fixed on the amazing Mr. Bieber.

The duration of class, he let everyone ask him questions as an ice breaker. I didn’t catch all of the reactions from the students or the questions, but I caught each and every one of his answers from those lips. Apparently he was also the 12th grade English teacher, he loved music and singing just to sing even though he didn’t think he had that great of a voice – I definitely don’t believe that. He went to say how he had a couple of brothers, a dog that was like a best friend to him. Someone must have asked if he was single or married or something as he simply answered that his personal life of that nature, he wasn’t going to answer.

There must have been some perverted questions as he just chuckled and cheekily smiled as he simply said ‘No comment.’ He was just perfect in everywhere, I decided.

Before long the bell rang signaling the end of class. I pouted as I stared over at what had to be the best teacher ever as he smiled at us all.

“It’s alright class! For those of you that still have questions, you can ask tomorrow and we’ll finish up with my opportunity to ask you all questions. Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask anything too personal like you all did today. So see you all later.” Mr. Bieber smiled at us all, or well it had a hint of a smirk thrown in there.

I blushed for what had to be the fourth time, if not more, since I had met the dreamy man. I’m definitely pathetic. I slowly stood up as everyone else was leaving class. I wasn’t in much of a hurry. It wasn’t like I knew anyone here, after all. I was getting closer to the door, not wanting to look at him, knowing that I would blush or stammer yet again. I was almost out when his voice stopped me.

“Try not to fall again.” He said in a teasing tone.

I didn’t have to look over at him, yet I did anyway, to see the smirk playfully gracing his lips. I blushed yet again for the fifth time as I gulped. “U-um… yeah.. I’ll try not to, Mr. Bieber.”

He smiled at him and I had to will my legs to move so I could finally leave his gaze. I ran out and headed to my next class.

The next class was… boring compared to Mr. Bieber’s class. It was the same ol’ same ol’. Syllabuses and calendars and rules and just all the same. I was ready for the day to be over, but sadly it was just lunch time. I looked at my schedule and I smiled. I had hope to make it through the day when I realized that my last period of the day was none other than English with the amazing Mr. Bieber. At least I had that to look forward to. For now, I had to make it through sitting myself at lunch.

Sighing, I paid for my typical lunch and looked around. The loneliness of not having made any friends definitely shined through when it came to lunch time. I had to suck it up, though. I picked an empty table and sat down, smiling at the thought of my baby girl. I missed her so much. I hated having to be apart from her during the day. I loved playing with her and teaching her new words and the letters. I was trying to teach her alphabet and how to hopefully get a jump start on making words with her. I wanted her to be ahead once she had to start school, knowing it wouldn’t be easy since she didn’t have normal parents of a mommy and a daddy. Not that that was going to stop me from making sure she felt like my little princess that had all the love in the world.

Just thinking about her, lit up my world. I actually wound up smiling as I ate, it didn’t even occur to me that I had a big grin until I heard a voice from the other side of the table.

“Dude… you cheesing like you got a thousand dolla steak going into ya mouth.” The voice chuckled.

I looked up to see mocha chocolate skin and wild looking braids smiling at me. “Huh?” was all I could say, not sure what else to say to be honest.

The boy just laughed a bit more and smiled. “You just had a big smile on ya face is all.” He mused.

“Oh… just happy thoughts, is all.” I smiled back at him, taking another bite from my burger.

“Whatcha thinking about? Something pervy?” He wiggled his brows at me.

“No! No, definitely not.. just someone special to my heart.” I smiled.

“Ooh… a girlfriend?” He asked. I shook my head and he hummed. “Boyfriend then? It’s cool if you swing that way. Like I’m no homophobe or anything, I’m bi myself.” He shrugged while I blushed.

“I… um… well I’m gay, yeah… but no boyfriend… not anymore.” I tried not to show any emotion at my words. Xavier wasn’t worth me being upset anymore. He was the tool and he left me like a jerk. If I ever see him again… I was definitely going to hit him and I never hit anyone in my life.

The boy nodded, like he understood and didn’t have to ask another question. “Gotcha. Oh, I’m Jaden by the way.”

I smiled at him, happy that he dropped it and hoping that I finally was going to be able to make a new friend. “I’m Jacob and well new here.”

“I can tell. Ya got newbie written all over ya which is why ya need a friend who is gonna be me.” Jaden decided with a serious look. I bit my lip, a bit alarmed by his answer until he burst out laughing causing me to laugh too. “Gotcha! Ya shoulda saw ya face, dude!”

“What do you expect? Your face was so serious!” I said between giggles. He smiled and dusted off the imaginary dust off his shoulders.

“I just got that skill.” He winked at me. I giggled more.

“Yeah, we can be friends if you’re always this special.”

“Aye aye! I’m definitely this silly… like always. It keeps things light and epic.”

Shaking my head, I rolled my eyes playfully. “Alright, new friend.” I smiled and got up to dump my tray as the bell rung once more. He followed me and looked at my schedule, grinning as he discovered that we had the next three classes together, including the last one… English with Mr. Bieber. Things were definitely looking up for me. I had a new friend and there were only two classes before I got to see him once more.