By The Lake.

Veronica's POV

I really didn't know what was ahead of me. Another heartbreak which would rip my heart into pieces or one of those fairytales that we use to read in our childhood.

Being a kid, I always thought them to be true. But Niall was the one who made me believe all those were only good for reading and smilling.

For the past five years , I was like sleeping beauty. Fallen into deep slumber of sadness and sorrow. Stuck in a dark dream, with not even a ray of light. Waiting for Niall to come and wake me up from this dark spell of loneliness. But I never woke up to any kiss that would heal my bruised heart into whole once again. I never saw his face again.
And now this song, is making me do things I convinced myself to never do again.

As I stepped out of the apartment, a cold breeze made me shiver. Just making me realise all these warm clothes will never be enough to keep me warm. All I need is his arms holding mine, and a reassuring smile of his.

Walking through the now deserted street, I was making my way to the lake, where it all started. Not only started, the very place where Niall left me to be a girl who would never be capable to love anyone but him.

As I neared the lake, my eyes were fighting to break into tears. All those harsh , inconsiderate words of his ringing in my ears, the look on his face which clearly showed he cares no more about me making my heart ache just like that day.

Somehow, with a aching body and soul I made my way to the lake. Sitting on the bank, a tear escaped my eye. A sad smile resurfaced on my face. Today either I'll be so broken that I'll never me able to mend myself again or finally I will go back to the happy Veronica I was when I had Niall. I only could hope that Niall would pop out of the blue, and we would fly back at the time when all I could see was love for me in those blue orbs of his.

NIALL'S POV

The pain in my heart was increasing with every step I took towards the lake. Her tearful eyes reflecting the fear of letting me go, her shaking hand begging me to stay, her sad voice crying out for me . All at once makes me believe I never deserved her from the start. The thought that she would be way happier if I never crossed her clear shinning sky , makes me curse myself.

A week smile appearing on my lips, if she was here, she would stare at me with those loving eyes of her, lips hinting me to stop cursing. This was a daily phenomenon of ours.

Maybe she has moved on. Maybe she has found the one for her. Maybe I am just a sad memory of her's which she has long locked into her journal . Even the thought breaks my heart.

But clearly, I was the one that caused all this. I left her. I deprived myself of all the love I was craving. Cause she was the only one who was capable of making me feel whole. And I choose to be broken.

I froze into the very spot. There she was, sitting by the lake. She looks exactly the way she used to five years ago. She hasn't changed a bit. A blue jeans, paired with a casual tshirt and those red canvas of her. Hair falling effortlessly over her shoulders. Gazing at the sky, like she always used to. But only one thing missing, that smile of her's that made me see sun in dark nights. Her face was full of sadness, longing for something she can't have maybe.

She always used to look up at the moon, smiling. She believed it to be the epitome of love. Was I the one the ripped happiness from her forever and made her into a soul whose melancholy was reflecting into her eyes.

I feel no less than a murderer at this moment. I literally killed the Vero I used to know for fame and money. All I wished right now was to hug all her pain away, and make her the sunshine she was when I used to call her mine.

VERONICA'S POV

Moon use to be what I called personification of love. But now staring at the moon, all I feel is loneliness and pain. With teary eye, looking at the horizon, all I hoped and prayed was that all the love I have for Niall, that is stored inside me as pain now to be realised.

I hoped I could go back running into his arms and feel the same Niall I use to know five years back or just maybe somehow all these pain to end. But again only way of me letting go of all the pain was to disappear. And that was not an option. I couldn't give up on life. Atleast that's one thing I know, Niall would never want me to do even if I am one of his long forgotten dream that was never meant to be his reality.

Just as if the heavens have answered my long asked prayer, the lake was shining now with all the light that the stars and moon was bestowing . For a moment I couldn't believe my eyes. All I saw in the lake was Niall's shadow, my Niall's shadow.

Happy tears escaping my eyes as if I have found my Moon on this earthly realm. But the look on his face was something I didn't want to see. He looked sad and angry. All I dreamt was him breaking into  a smile and calling me into his arms.

With all the strength I had, I turned towards him and a soft whisper escaped my lips sounding just as vulnerable , broken and desperate as I was.
" Ni ".

....................................................................
.................

Hi guys!!! How have you been? Hope you all are having a nice time. Please don't forget to vote , comment and share. Have a nice day ( or night) ahead. Thank you ❤💕