Ch 14 - The Trigger

Not triggered, but the cause of action. What causes chaos? Then what is the curing mellow?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

As you open your eyes you realize the only light is coming from the moon and stars from the window. The blinds and curtains are open as the white from the outside glows. Clearly you had fallen asleep and you take a moment to backtrack. Looking at your chest you see reddish-pink hair. Stella is sleeping on top of you and the two of you are laying on your dorm couch. A look over your left shoulder is Elise and her friend spending the night in bed together. You and Stella must have fell asleep and they just rolled with it.

Don't want to wake anyone. Let me see what time it is. You reach for your phone. Carefully sliding it out of your pocket so Stella isn't disturbed. Phone is at 43 percent. It is a quarter past 2 AM. Now what to do from here? Wait. I remember it now.

/////

This invite over date was great. In fairy tales, the Princess usually doesn't cook. Rather they have people cook for them. The head and sous chefs with a team followed up by the cake butler (A snow woman's favorite). But chances are they taught Stella because this was fit for royalty. Whatever Stella did to these ingredients was out of this kingdom. And this was the first date the two of you have been on.

When finished Stella stalked the plates and sipped on a mug of tea she brewed early on in the day. "So Babe, how was it?" She made a smirk going to ear to ear. Stella knew the answer.

Thought you would lighten things up with a joke. You chuckled and gave her a wide smile. "Could have used a little lemon."

"You're such an ass." She laughed.

"Sorry Darling. But in all seriousness the best meal I think I've had in a very long time. You truly spoiled me this evening."

"Well," Stella started to get those tingles forming inside her again. Shrugging her shoulders and slightly blushing. "It's what lovers do. Right?"

"How do I compete with that?" You ponder.

"Well Ikki will eventually come back. How about after he gets here we go to your dorm. Will Elise mind?"

"Nope. We're good."

You help Stella clean up a little. For what that meal was worth this was bare minimum. Washing a pan or two and the dishes were nice. Not a clean freak but it would be grim for her to go back to her dorm and see dirty pants in her sink. Better off to get it done and over with now. 

Then off to your dorm. Opening the door and swinging it Elise is in her bed cuddling with the girl she brought over. They were just having a cuddle and movie session. It really looked cute and it fit the mood for you and Stella. Except, you two were going to be on the couch. The two of you weren't there yet. It hasn't been discussed and you want Stella to be comfortable.

"So what do we got Babe? Got something good for me? Some action? We laughing?" Stella had some good ideas in her hands.

"How about that one?" It was two heroes that later on became a serious couple. It was rather sweet.

"Awesome. Popcorn later since we just ate?"

"Good idea."

"To think our first date would be dorm hopping. I love it." She smiled.

"My first date date too."

"Well mine too. I haven't been with a boy before. Ur- man. Sorry." She blushed.

"I get it. And I've never been with a woman. Let alone someone beautiful. But hey I guess I'm fortunate."

"I'm fortunate because I have a lover. Not just a boyfriend."

{{ The movie started as she held your hand on her lap. It started out with a villian armed and robbing a bank. The person raced in the getaway car and tried to make a break for it. The two heroes gave chase. Never meeting before they wanted to call this crime chase their own. The male hero thought a pretty lady shouldn't be chasing a dangerous gunman. She laughed and said that he was too slow.

Splitting up the female hero was chasing the gunman on foot. His buddy had crashed the car and was being held by police. The man who robbed the bank was fast. But she was able to keep her distance to him. The criminal dropped his gun after realizing that she was dodging all of the bullets. Thinking he could run faster he tossed the weapon in a storm drain and kept running as fast as he possibly could.

Man how long is this guy going to last? I mean come on. I have to catch him. Already told whatshisname that he's mine.

She tries to run faster but soon enough she didn't have to. As the crook was gaining distance on the female hero a rock was thrown hitting the criminal in the back of his neck. This caused him to slow down and gave the female hero just enough time to tackle him to the ground. Once down she swung a haymaker at him. That guy wasn't going anywhere now.

"Well then." Said a voice.

"You?" The female hero saw the male hero that she was disgusted with.

"Nice job." He winked.

"I thought you didn't want a lady to get hurt." She asked.

"I'm a gentleman with my suit on or off. And he was unarmed when you tackled him. Good job dodging that gun."

"So you hurled that rock?"

"Former highschool baseball player. Missed my target actually. I wanted a headshot."

"Really?"

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Alan. But they call me Atomica."

"Cloanna. But you can call me Cloe." }}

At this part both you and Stella had texts going to your phone. This was about the tournament. Stella didn't think much of it. An A-Rank with heavy experience and power didn't need to sweat it much. But you paused the movie and just stared at the phone. Cold chills ran through your spine and your felt the phone slip out of your hands.

"(FN)?" Stella looked over. She picked up your phone and peaked at the text. Opponent Sune (LN) Arena 2. "Babe..."

/////

So a movie and some cuddles later and here I am at this time of night thinking what the hell am I going to do. I'm just trying to stay calm and not wake her up. But really I'm freaking out. Why is this happening to me? I'm not ready. Not nearly close enough.

Stella yawned and climbed up your legs. "Hey."

"St-Stella?" You gasped quietly.

"You okay? Your heart was racing. I could hear it. I must have Fallen asleep on you. Sorry."

"Sorry about all that. You're fine. Just wondering though."

"Look." She kissed you and this cold shaking went away. That was quick and mentally felt that there was some fire behind it. "Look at me." She could see you in the moon glow. "Your brother, Ikki, or me. Shiziku or Alice. Doesn't change anything. You can fight. I'll scream your name and cheer. Whatever it takes you need this. I'll help any way I can. Because that bastard needs to go down. And I'd rather have you do it because you don't want me beating the stuffing out of him."

"Yes ma'am."

"I'm not that old. Hehe. Come on. Let's just head the bed. Can we do yours?"

"M-my bed?"

"It's like 3 AM. We're just going straight to sleep." She let out another yawn. "Might not make it to my room."

"You take my bed and I'll stay on the couch." You offered.

"I'm not kicking you out of your own bed."

"Okay..."

~~~~~

It's 2-3 AM, you got Sune as your first tournament opponent, and Stella wants to share the bed. Does this say freakout or does this say oh my God why me?

-Rel