The shows coming up.

I wake up in a fairly spacious cage with Vern, still sleeping, next to me. Through the one barred side I can see other cages with others inside getting ready for the day. I slip on my flats and a plain dress. I open the cage door and enter the freak's ring.
"Marie!" someone shouted followed by a leap on the back.
"Nip!" I said. She slid of my back which then cracked.
"A new freak is coming to the show!" she said excitedly, her tail swaying back and forth."I finally won't be the newb!" she then bouced off and attacked someone else. I stood in line and waited for breakfest and then got two bowls of eggs and sausage. I went and sat at one of the tables and waited for Vern.
He came over to me and sat down. Others came and sat down too. One swallowed a whole fish and Nip happily ate her cat food. Lady Evelyn come over to our table and announced "Valentine's day is coming up and we are going to do a themed show. The entire show will be about couples." a few others looked at eachother. "I want most of you to find a partner and please practice." Lady Evelyn said good day and left.
Vern took my hand and kissed it. Others were finding partners also. Nip had teamed up with another freak her age and Violet teamed up with Silk. I finished my breakfast and went back to the cage.
Pulling out a trunk with different posters and stamps. I opened it and took out fabric and a half finished dress. I stitched fabric roses and trim to the skirt hem. A sash of pink complemented the background of ash. While happily stitching, Vern walked in.
He approached me and handed me a small red box. "I ran to town to pink up new violin strings,when I saw this." I opened the box and found a gorgeous rose hair pin.
I hugged him tight "Thank you Vern. I will cherish it."