I Remembered ...

Aug 1957

It started as regular summer but it ended anything than regular . Do you remember love',cause I do.

We were on summer vacation on Tahiti .  You were with your family and I were with mine . We hit it off from the start ,like you were cocktail and I were fruit ,we were okay separately but we were best when bought together. Always the best version of our self .  I remembered your brown almond eyes ,our first kiss  like it was yesterday , sneaking late at night with you . Our long night talk below the stars on the beach ,means how could I forgot . You were my first love after all.

The  day of my birthday when you surprised me by taking me on the Fautaua Waterfall . We sneaked on there. Everything was going amazing until we and couple of our friends from island started playing 'truth or dare'. Until Tim gave you the dare to  'Jump in the waterfall' .I still remembered how chilly that night was ,there was the storm on it's way. I tried to stop you from doing it cause ,its anything but safe.

"It's not safe Rajat ,please don't go .You don't have to listen to Tim .Its my birthday listen to me ,Rajat . Its just some stupid dare .."

"It wont take that long ,I'll be here before you know it. I'll be fine Sanjana. I promise.  "

You said that with your most warming smile .You threw your shirt run to jump on the waterfall. That was the last I saw your smile ,that was the last time I heard from you. You broke your promise that night .I had to go back home after what happened.

Not a day goes by that I missed you ,

Not a day goes by when I stopped loving you ,

Not a day goes by when I remembered your smile,

Not a day goes by when I miss your brown eyes looking at me so lovably, 

Not a day goes by when I wish you were here ,alive. 

I miss you RAJAT ,I still do and I always will.

  "Granny ,what are you doing ?"

Sweet melodic voice of my grandson bring me back to present. I closed photo album and got up from sand. 

"I was just saying goodbye to an old friend ,RAJAT

"What was his name and why here ,granny ?"

"His name was also Rajat , and this place because it was used to our place, it was used to our beach. "

He nodded and runned towards his sand castle. He has brown eyes .

Its time to say goodbye for now ,its time to let you go Rajat cause after 62 years later I still hold on to you. 

I looked at sky and smiled while sayin ,

 "MEET YOU SOON RAJAT ,MEET YOU AT HEAVEN !".