Chapter Three.

Tears dry on their own. Chapter three.

“Well, see you at lunch. Bye, bitches!” Louis called as he runway walked down the corridor.

“So, you love him?” Danielle deadpanned.

“W-What? What are you talking about?” Harry rambled as his ears began to burn.

Danielle scoffed as she crossed her arms, “I’m not as blind and oblivious as Louis is, Harry. It’s obvious. Very obvious.”

“I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” The boy was a terrible liar, and he knew it. The fact that he was so infatuated with Louis so quickly embarrassed him. And, you know, there was the whole ‘straight’ thing.

“Are you kidding me? You fucking light up like a Christmas tree when he talks to you, oh, and don’t even get me started on when he touches yo-“

“Fine, alright. I like him. But, it doesn’t matter.” Harry bit hard on his lip.

Danielle rested a comforting arm on his shoulder, “It’s alright Harry. I won’t tell anyone. Even though Louis wouldn’t mind, it wouldn’t be the first time.”

“What?”

“Louis’ quite a flirt, so, he often gets crushes from girls and boys…” Danielle trailed off.

Harry looked down at his feet feelings quite stupid. Of course people fall for Louis all the time. He is irresistible. He probably flirted with everyone. “Oh…” Harry mumbled weakly.

“Hey now, don’t be sad! It’s Louis. He’s a bloody idiot. Plus, there are tons of boys at the school. You’ll find someone. A cute little shy boy like you, they’ll eat you up.”

Harry blushed a deep amber and released a small chuckle, “It’s alright. I’m not really focused on boys anyway.”

“Whatever you say, Styles. Oh shit, gonna be late for class. See you at lunch!” Danielle spoke as she scurried down the hallway.

“So, I heard you have a little thing for Louis?” Liam whispered in Harry’s ear in the middle of class.

Harry went stiff for a split second; he sucked in his bottom lip harshly as he turned to the boy. “W-what are you talking about?”

“Danielle told me!” Liam replied with a wide grin on his face.

Harry sighed, dropped his head onto Liam’s desk, “She told everyone, didn’t she?”

“No, no. I’m her boyfriend; she tells me everything…sometimes more than what I want to know.”

“Great.” Harry scoffed; he really did not want word to get out. He was on the verge of actually having friends; he didn’t want to ruin it with this.

Liam pouted, “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. I think it’s quite cute really, you two would be just adorable together.”

“Thanks.” Harry deadpanned.

“I’m serious!”

It got to a point where Harry almost dreaded lunch break. God, was he even going to be able to look at Louis in the eye? His stomach was in knots, and his heartbeat was accelerated fifty times its normal pace.

Each step towards the lawn outside felt like a marathon. His feet thudded harshly against the pavement.

“Look who it is!” Louis yelled as Harry rounded the corner, “My favorite new boy!”

“He’s the only new boy you idiot.” Cher called as she rested to feel the sun on her face.

Nonetheless! He is still my favorite!” Louis retorted.