Chapter 2- The dance prep

Chapter 2- dance prep

Dexters POV

I was sitting alone at the table. Raven went to get a sketch pad, pencils, and lined paper. Headmaster Grimm gave us a budget that Apple and Daring and me and Raven had to split. We had 200 for each couple. Well for one couple than me and Raven.

I sat there thinking, We didn't need a dj someone would volunteer. Apple and Daring would make a side mostly for royals. It would be sparkly with lots of mirrors. So we had to do something darker. We needed to make it something the Rebels could enjoy. As this thought was going through my mind U felt a warm presence beside me. I looked over to see Cupid.

"Hey Dex," she smiled happily.

"Cupid what are you doing here?" I asked her shocked. "You're not suppose to be here only people planning for the dance."

"I thought I could help," she smiled innocently. Thats when Raven entered the room again and I saw what she was doing.

"Help get Raven to not like me?" I asked and she gave me an innocent look.

"Of course not Dexy, but I guess i should go." She finished and kissed my cheek.

Raven's POV

I frowned seeing Cupid there. I didn't like her, I never had. I approached her before asking her if it's possible she could shoot me and him with an arrow. She said no because they were secretly dating. He deserves better than to be hidden from the world.

I approached the table as she walked off. "You two are cute together," i said laying out the supplies looking down at the table.

"Not really," he said shyly. "I wanna be with this other girl anyway, but I have no chance." He said.

"Oh," i frowned looking at the table. I couldn't help, but think he could be 2 timing her. He couldn't be like that, but maybe he was. I pushed out the thought, the guy I liked wasn't a two timer. He was a nice guy, but I guess that didn't matter because stupid Cupid was here.

I sat down and we started planning.

Dexter's POV

We had decided that we'd have a volunteer Mr And Mrs clause. We'd have cookies and milk on our side and well thats as far as we could get.

"Well what all do they do on christmas?" Raven asked me as if I had all the answers to the problems.

"Santa 'brings' gifts and than everyone opens them. They decorate a tree to put the unopened gifts under." I answered as her eyes lit up. They were beautiful, if people thought she was truly evil they'd have to be insane.

"Why don't we do a gift exchange? You get in free if you sign up for someone, if not you gotta pay $10 to get in. You don't know who gets you and you don't get to pick." She said smiling and I chuckled with a nod. "40 kids who don't sign up for the gift exchange would get us our budget" she smiled one again.

"Ok, and it's called a secret Santa," i said as she rolled her eyes at me. We than started to design posters. Our side was gonna be simple, Santa would hand out the presents and Mrs. Clause would help him. We'd face a tree and decorate with black and blue garland and lights.

"So how are we gonna get volunteers or are we just gonna do it or what?" I asked curiously. I knew daring would never do it. Apple will wanna be with them and if they did it together than nothing would get done.

She looked as if she was thinking for a second. "I'd do it, not like I'll have a date anyways." She said looking down. "But you'll have Cupid so I can find someone to do it with me." She said and i shook my head no.

"Im not going with Cupid," i said as she gave me a shocked expression.

"Aren't you," she whispered quietly so only I could hear her. I looked at her weirdly as she left a small pause. "Daring?"

"What?" I practically yelled. I could feel Apple and my brothers eyes on the back of my head. "I'd never date her!" I said quieter, but still not in what my father use to say, inside tone.

"That's not what she told me." She mumbled. She seemed ticked slightly, but I just couldn't see why.

"I like another girl, but Cupid likes me so she won't shoot her for me." I frowned.

"Oh," Raven said as we finished our sketch of everything.

Raven's POV

I can't believe she lied, I can't believe he's single. I knew I'd have to keep my cool with all this though. Me and Dexter approached Apple and Daring. She was placed on his lap and smiling brightly.

"We have our list and an idea," i said and Apple looked away from Daring's smile momentarily. "A secret Santa program, must buy a decent gift for a randomly selected person or pay $10 to get in."

"And we are having a Santa hand them out, we are dressing up for it since we knew you guys are gonna have dates and we aren't." Dexter added.

"Raven you know you'd have someone to be with if you would have signed the storybook. Someone had to impregnate your mother." Apple said and i rolled my eyes

"And Dexter if you didn't decide to rebel after Raven's little act than you'd have a damsel to save." Daring added.

I took a deep breath, trying to stop myself from saying something I didn't mean. "Now we all have our own destinies, we can be happy. And after MY little act. At least I'm using my voice and doing something that could help people." I said storming out of the room.

I heard footsteps behind me, but I couldn't care less. I couldn't believe this! He has a chance to choose if he really wants to be with Apple, to do as he pleases. He isn't forced to follow a script. I sighed sitting on a bench outside. I knew someone sat beside me I just didn't care who.

"Ignore him." I heard the voice say. I instantly knew t was Dexter.

"Why do you care?" I asked not wanting to deal with either of the charming brothers. They weren't alike physically or mentally, but they still reminded me of one another somw how.

"Because as his brother i fix his mistakes, and we are friends aren't we?" He said. I continued it look down towards the ground. "Plus," he said as I felt his presence move from mine and I almost craved for him to come back. I looked up at him to see his glasses off leaning against the fountain. "I don't have the daring charm i only have common s-" he started to say when his hand slipped from the slippery surface and he fell in the pond.

I couldn't help but laugh, I noticed his glasses placed beside me and i placed them on my face going over to the fountain. I sat on the rim and looked at the soaked Dexter laying in the water.

"Hey give them back," he wined.

"My common sense says it's probably not a good idea," i said before I ran off with his glasses. I ran towards the Forrest when i suddenly felt arms wrap around me pulling me into him. I knew it was Dexter, his body was cold and wet.

"Im not letting go until you give me my glasses." He said obviously joking.

I wiggled out of his grasp and stood in front of him. "You're cold and wet," i said with a chuckle.

"And whose fault is that?" He asked me smiling.

"Yours," i said holding back a laugh as his proud look went to a blank expression.

"Well I was trying to make you happy?" He smiled. It was a beautiful smile. Ones girls didn't usually see from him.

"Well use your common sense and make me happy another way." I smiled handing him his glasses back.

We sat in the forrest for the longest time talking till I couldn't talk anymore. My eyes became heavy and not caring I rest my head on his shoulder falling asleep.