Chapter 49 (mixed reactions)

Nobody’s POV

The girl walked down the street and into an alleyway.  She pulled her hair out of its shortened ponytail. “I cut my hair, and for what?  Just so he could still ignore me?” The girl muttered. She took out a colored cube.  The girl started twisting and turning the colors in rows. She then noticed a black and purple butterfly fluttering its way closer to her.  The girl took a step back, she didn’t like any kind of insect. She threw the cube, in hopes of hitting the bug. Unfortunately for her, once the butterfly made contact with the cube: she was under Hawkmoth’s control.  “Equalizer, I am Hawkmoth. It’s sure a shame how that boy refused you. I can help you, you just have to return the favor.” Hawkmoth started. ‘Equalizer’ nodded. “I want you to get me the miraculous’ of Ladybug, Chat noir, Rena Rouge and Starfire.”  Hawkmoth continued. Equalizer nodded. “I won’t fail you Hawkmoth.” She said. The girl’s clothes changed to look like the cube’s pattern. Her hair grew longer, also adapting the colors. The cube that the girl threw appeared back in her hand, but a larger size.  Equalizer walked out of the alley. Someone rode by on their bike. Equalizer turned the cube’s top and bottom layer, resulting in a small beam hitting the person on the bike. The person froze, then broke into smaller cubes. After a few seconds the cubes had disappeared completely.

Your POV

I walked to my next class.  Unfortunately for me, it was with Adrien.  I had to apologize for snapping at him. “You can do it y/n.”  Yin said from my purse. Her small voice was just soft enough only I could hear her.  I took a breath. “I hope so…” I muttered. The teacher had only just started taking attendance when everyone had sat down.  But it wasn’t until the middle of class that I had convinced myself to actually say something. “I’m sorry…” I said softly. Adrien didn’t turn around, like he hadn’t heard me.  Maybe he didn’t, but I wanted to continue either way. I had to get this off my chest at one point… right? “You were right about earlier. Something was bothering me okay?” I took a breath.  “It’s just… so much has changed. I went from being alone and everything being simple… to having such amazing friends, my brother back and everything getting so complicated in as short as a few weeks.”  I started. There was a moment of silence. “I really didn’t mean to hurt your feelings Adrien. I’ve just been so stressed about everything lately. But… I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that… I just… I didn’t know how to keep acting anymore.”  There, I’d finally said it. I finally told someone, even if they probably weren’t even listening to me. I put my head on the desk. “Anymore?” A familiar voice asked. I looked up, slightly, sitting up again. Adrien was looking at me with a worried expression.  I nodded softly. “I’ve tried to keep you and all of the others from being worried about me again. I didn’t know what to do when you figured it out so easily.” I half explained. Adrien made a different face, one I didn’t know the meaning of. “Why didn’t you just tell me?”  He asked gently.

I shrugged.  “You already have so much to deal with.  I didn’t want to impose any more of a burden onto you than I already have.”  I said. There was another moment's silence. “You’ve never been a burden y/n.  I didn’t realize how a change this big had affected you so much.” Adrien said. I half smiled, not faking it this time.  “I know I should have asked you before my father made that decision. I hope you won’t quit.” He added in a soft tone. “That’s not it.  I do like doing photo shoots with you Adri. I just never thought my life would change so much in so little time.” I explained. Adrien half smiled.  “Still friends?” He asked. I nodded. “Always.” I agreed. ‘Even if I’d be happier with something else.’  I added silently.  The room was filled with an alarm, it had been almost dead silent.  “Okay, everyone. Don’t forget to finish your worksheets!” The teacher said as students filled out the door.  “Someone must have been akumatized…” Adrien muttered. I nodded, touching my miraculous for a moment before looking for a place to transform.  Adrien had disappeared: he must have tried to find a place to hide. I was sure Chat noir and Ladybug would be on their ways now. Ayla and I would have to act fast before any of the other students got hurt.  Students passed me on their way out. I let everyone pass, looking around the, now empty, hall. I found an empty closet. Yin and Yang come out as soon as I locked the door. “You should be more careful about finding a place to transform y/n.”  Yang warned me. “Someone could see you go in and come out as Starfire.” Yin added. I nodded. “I had to find somewhere quickly. Someone might get hurt if we take too long to show up.” I countered. “Just hurry. Rena Rouge is already there.”  Yang said. Taking a breath, nodding once. “Yin, let’s light up!” I said quickly. I left the closet quickly, and quietly, before springing down the hall. I went out the door, having to duck to avoid a beam of some kind. The ground where I just was turned into cubic particles.  “What the heck?” I muttered, looking around. “Starfire, hand over your miraculous.” A voice said. I looked around. There was a girl who looked like she was fused with a rubix cube. Even her hair looked like it. Even weirder, she was holding a very big cube in her hands.