I

Diamond Love

Here I am; a twenty-two year old woman who lives in a small apartment in Bronx, New York. Right now, I'm walking home from work: I work at a record store not too far from my home. As I walk farther down the sidewalk, I see an unfamiliar old lady who looks homeless. She's wearing a huge coat and is sitting in the alley way with a small box in her hands.

I decide to ask her if she needs any help, "Ma'am? Do you need anything?" I ask genuinely concerened.

She looks up at me with wide eyes, "No, thank you," she says and I take that as a hint to walk away but, as soon as I begin to walk away, she says something. I couldn't hear what she said because she had said it so lowly; however, I could hear her say a name--Michael. I turn around to ask the lady what she had said but, she was gone. It was as if she had disappeared into thin air. I frown slightly but proceed to make my way through the busy streets.

I didn't know what had come over me but when I had spoken with that lady, I had become rather paranoid. Whilst walking down the street, I looked behind me to see if there were anyone following me; I felt like someone was watching me. I could barely wait to arrive at my home; where I could finally feel at ease but when I got home, the feeling only worsened.

I enter my home, making sure to lock the door behind me. I've never been this paranoid in my entire life; and boy, was it scary.

I decided to shake off my fears and make my way to the kitchen to warm up some leftover chicken from last night. I open the refrigerator and see my KFC box. I smile widely as I grab the box, and close the fridge door.

I warm up my food in the microwave before eating a little, "After this, I am taking a shower and going to bed," I announce to myself.

When I'm done eating my food, I take my trash and throw it away before making my way towards the small bathroom. As I turn on the water and run me a small bubble bath, the feeling of someone watching me comes over my body again. I look around the room before shaking the feeling off.

I really wish I hadn't stopped to talk to that lady. Whatever she said has got me going insane!

I begin to take my clothes off and when I'm completely naked, I step into the steaming hot water; I sit and sigh as the hot water tingles my body all over. I love hot baths and showers; they make me feel..relaxed. I close my eyes and sit there for a minute; the same feeling comes over me and I open my eyes quickly. I take my wash cloth and begin to bathe myself thorougly, deciding that that would be best.

After cleaning my body and making sure I smelled good, I get out of the tub. I dry my body before putting my clothes on quickly. I only had one question: How was I supposed to sleep with this feeling? I mean that would be nearly impossible to deal with. I make my way towards my bedroom and look at my bed for a minute before walking to it. As soon as my head hits the pillow, surprisingly, I fall into a deep sleep.

THE NEXT MORNING, I wake up to constant knocking at my front door. I frown deeply: confused at who could possibly be at my door. It couldn't have been any of my family members; since, none of them live in Brooklyn anymore. I groan loudly and reach over to get my phone, but, to my surprise, it wasn't there. But in it's place was a... pager?

I sit up quickly, and look around with my eyebrows furrowed gently. "Where the hell--" I cut myself off with a gasp, noticing that my Brooklyn accent was replaced with a... Barbados accent. The knocks on the front door get louder, and more annoying. I peel the silk sheets off of my body, noticing the red, silk, nightgown I'm wearing, and walk towards the double doors of my bedroom?

I open the doors and see a long hallway; I walk down the hallway in amazement, "Where am I?" I ask to no one in particular, wondering the hallway with eyes of curiousity. I see a set of spiral stairs with glass steps and begin to walk down the stairs, shuddering as the cold glass comes in contact with the bottom of my feet. As I step onto the wooden floor, the knocks get louder; it takes me a minute to find the huge double doors, but when I do, I yank the door open.

I see a man that I have never seen before in my entire life. He's wearing a black T-shirt, skinny jeans and black boot lookin' shoes. "Um, how can I help you?" I ask, with a polite smile. However, the man doesn't smile, he just walks in and starts going on a rampage about something in his rather high-pitched voice.

"Rihanna, we are supposed to be at the photoshoot at seven o-clock! And you're not even dressed," the man complains, making my eyebrows furrow.

"Excuse me, man but I don't know what you're talking about. My name isn't Rihanna; it's Diamond," I reply, "I would love it if you'd show yourself the door now," I finish, making the man throw his head back and let out a loud cackle.

"Very funny, Rihanna but, I am not with the games right now. Go get dressed girl," the man replies with a lot of attitude, checking his watch.

"I don't even know you!" I yell, making him roll his eyes.

"Hello! It's me, Johnathon; I've been your bestfriend for eleven years and your manager for two," he says annoyed.

I laugh awkwardly, "Oh, how could I uh... forget that..."

Johnathon rolls his eyes and groans, "Just.. go get ready for this photoshoot that we'll be late for; due to somebody's lazy ass." he says, walking towards the door, "I'll be in the car," he states before walking out of the doors.

I walk back upstairs to my bedroom; beginning to get dressed.

~^^^~

I get into the limo, with a frown on my face; making Johnathon side eye me. "Finally!" he exclaims dramatically, turning up the radio, before tapping the partition, making us pulling off. It's quiet in the car as we drive and I notice that we're not stuck in traffic: it's a completely different scenery. "Where am I?" I ask, looking over at him with a small frown.

He looks over at me briefly, replying, "You're in L.A.; are you okay? You're actin' hella loony this mornin'."

"I'm fine, I guess-- where are we going?" I ask curiously.

"We've been planning this photoshoot for months," he says in a high-pitched voice, "It's the launch of your lingerie line,"

I roll my eyes, "Okay, damn! I forgot," I reply and he just rolls his eyes, and I just listen to the lady on the radio.

"And in our latest celebrity news, Michael Jackson has returned back to his L.A. home, from touring the world for almost two years, and inside sources say that he's working on a new album..."

My eyes widen as I hear this, "What?! Oh my fuckin' God!" I scream, scared at the fact that a dead man is dropping a new album.

"What?!" Johnathon yells at me and I begin to sweat, as my mind is all over the place.

"J-John-Johnathon? What year is it?" I ask breathing heavily.

"It's 1989, why do you not know this?" he asks me as we park in a parking lot.

"Oh my God," is the last thing I say before everything around me goes black.