•Chapter one•

They say life will reflect the actions we take.And that in reality life should be simple,that there should be peace and harmony within our society,yet for some reason humans find a way to complicate the simple things to cause chaotic waves in a small puddle.

Asleep by the smiths played softly from the radio
This is the only song that has managed to calm me down in similar situations
I had started picturing scenario and everything that could go wrong and every possible solution I could think of before the car had even left the driveway
I was determined on surviving the next few years
Since I worked so hard to get here giving up on the first few weeks didn't really seem like an option

"I think that was the last of the boxes" she wiped her hands on her second hand corduroy pants and turned to me with what seemed to be tears in her eyes "Yeah I guess" I was not prepared for such situation.I had spent the past ten years of my life trying to get into kinley that I had not payed much attention to the fact that I would have to say goodbye to Eleanor,Who could also be referred to as my mother but calling her by her birth name had made it much easier for me not to think leaving the only person who had ever cared for me,now I'm thinking about it, "hey honey"
"Yeah?" I had this strange urge to embrace her
"I'm gonna miss you" and so that is what I did
"I'm gonna miss you too,mom"

I watched the car get smaller and smaller and smaller until it was not visible anymore before walking into my dorm room  stood there trying to take in my surroundings ,the wallpaper was slowly peeling off revealing the multiple cracks and mould on the stained walls it,the floor was covered with what seemed to be the ceiling,int the corner there was a bunk bed and right at its foot lay what i assume was once a red leather couch. there was no pillow on either matres so my room mate has not yet arrived otherwise he would have claimed his territory i push my hair that was crying for a hair cut out of my face and pull out my cassette  player out of one of the boxes and place it on one of the desks that were on either side of the one small window in the room,i grab a blanket and cover the lower bunk matres and kinda just fall onto it.

as i was saying,us humans insist on complicating the smallest things,to give everything a deeper meaning,we fail to understand the concept of limitation.we weren't brought into the world to solve the mysteries of the universe or to lay claims on the contents within it.humans are strange beings.despite preaching about the wrongs in our society through social media and gossip,some are able to turn a blind eye in an instant when its inconvenient to them.we become outraged when  there has been a crime committed from person to person yet we ignore the crime of slowly murdering the planet.

people make promises to love and care for one another until death,but in a blink of an eye...

...those promises are broken from the greed and monsters that live within us.

our ignorance...

our mortality...

...makes us a nuisance.

i had been laying here for over an hour and my room mate has yet to arrive so i might as well explore

im greeted with a swift wave of heat as i step out of my room, i had only just realised how effective the fan had been.the dorms were placed into a circle so i had a pretty good view into the dorm across from me since they didn't bother to close the door fully through the crack a group of naked models all in x-rated positions hang on the wall next to a poster of Billie Joe Armstrong.below the interesting group of people there was a collection of records and books, i could barley make out any titles from this distance, a few seconds later an Asian boy with purple streaks in his hair peeks through the gap in the door as if looking for someones presence he lets out a sigh of relief and makes odd hand gestures, i assume this is some kind of code, just a few seconds later a girl slides in through the gap shutting the door behind her,i quickly began walking away in fear of hearing the noises that come next.

We try to understand the things around us but still the biggest mystery we fail to understand is ourselves,I find it hard to accept that this is what I am apart of.

As I walk among these people and past these doors that hold people celebrating a new year of college.
Friends reuniting,new friendships forming , room mates arguing about what goes where.they all appear grey to me their noise I block out,their words I ignore.

My life has always been a series of events that involved people with selfish intentions.all this time I've managed to disconnect from anyone who didn't serve a purpose in my life.
Nothing mattered to me...

I turned the corner only to be greeted by the ground and a stinging pain in my left shoulder.
I groaned with my eyes shut tight all I could hear was "oh fuck I'm so sorry I-fuck, hi what were you doing here at this corner?" I find the strength to lift my self up my eyes glued to the floor
"You mean why this corner and not another corner?"
"I mean you just ran into me and seem to think it's a thing you can just do in a corner"
I blinked twice,she really truly believed I was the one running,
"I was the one running?,and I believe one could do it anywhere in the middle of the street,even.but you chose the corner,this corner,I just also happened to be in the same corner"
She huffed and my eyes traveled a bit higher to meet a pair of worn out Chuck Taylors
"I didn't chose anything.i happened to be running.for I love to run when the wind blows as it does today ,and the sun hangs like a light pancake behind me to warm up my neck,and as I ran around this corner-"pancake sun?
"Stormed"my eyes travelled higher,one of her thigh highs fell lower than the other,slightly revealing a small fraction of her bruised knee
"Excuse me?"
"As you stormed around the corner. You hit me"
"I'm aware of what happened,and I'm sorry,you think maybe your to blame,though?"
Higher.her skirt was wrinkled from the impact of the fall.her hair looked so soft as it fell in loose curls just above the hem line.
"Me?how so?because the pancake sun up there is blinding me?that makes it my fault,does it?"
"What i mean sir,is that you were walking so close to the building that there was no way I could have seen you coming,if you were walking further away,closer to the street maybe-"
"Maybe you could have just pushed me into the street" her shirt was tucked in and hugged her torso loosely
"Hmmm.ah...maybe,maybe so" higher,and higher.
I choked on my own breath.she had a face that would make one stop just to take a second look to make sure what they were seeing is real. Her face was young without one blemish to mar it's perfectly pale complexion her lips were soft and as she smiled,so beautiful it was like the stars themselves decided to rest behind the soft cushion of her lips,she was not tall nor short but somewhere in between she held her head with such confidence,her hair was thick and fell down to her thighs like a river of honey.
And her eyes-they were deep as a great body of water
And just as blue,they looked through you without fear  as if they already knew what they were to find
And that you should be very ashamed of what they would find. Her eyes became oceans- and lakes and rivers but then- you would not doubt if they could
become the spark that set forests and wildernesses wildly ablaze when her spirit was kindled in anger.
"Hmh" I snapped out of whatever daze I was in
"I-I um-" she chuckled as if there was something funny about my speechlessness
she started to walk away And I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding
I had already forgotten what happened in the past  fifteen minutes
"Where are you going?"I ask before I could stop myself. Her head cocked to the side her eyes shifting from the ground to me.my heart stopped and I could barely breath,how can a human have such affects on me,I can't really remember the last time a girl made me feel this way all I could manage was a "just wondering" before my heart stopped completely
"No where in particular," I had just realised how soft-spoken and mellow her voice was
"Right,ill see you around?"
She chuckled again sending a warm glow throughout my body. "yeah,you will" she sent one more smile my way before disappearing into a door.
The pain in my shoulder returned and I let out a groan remembering I didn't ask for her name.

As I said ,nothing mattered to me...
...until you
Everything was about to change, because of you.