where it all began

Y/N POV

13 years ago.....

"Where are we going dad?" I asked as I skipped next to him
holding his hand.

"To see a friend love." he kept his eyes straight a head as if he were thinking.

"Oh ok..... Do I know them?"

"No this is one of my friends." He said blankly.

"Do they have kids too?" I asked out of curiosity.

I didn't have that many friends dad hardly ever let me leave the house so it was hard to make them.

"Two that I know of angel and before you ask yes you can play with them while I talk to my friend."

"Boys or girls?" I said looking at the ground.

"Man, you sure do ask a lot of questions.... Your just like your mother." He said chuckling.

I remember what happened to  mom.

4  years ago ... When dad was on a "hunting trip" with his friend I'm supposed to be meeting, me and Mom were at home alone. She was making dinner while I was up in my room drawing. When I heard her scream. I tip toed down the stairs to see what was going on and saw a strange man in the kitchen with her.

" Where's Ryan, Melody? Tell me now or so help me I'll kill you right here and now!"

I stood there terrified his voice was deep and loud which scared me more, I knew he couldn't see me because I was standing in the shadows of the stair way.

"I don't know I swear it, I haven't seen him in weeks!" Her eyes find me in the hallway , they were filled with terror.

"Mommy" I mouth.

"You're a lying little bitch." He snarls at her.

" I'm not fucking lying." She spits at him.

"Oh? You wanna get cocky now huh?"

He grabs her by her throat.She screams an ear piercing scream. I wince and cower deeper into the shadows.

"L-let m-me go y-you bastard." She gasps clawing at his hands.

A tear slips down my cheek.

"Mommy." I whimper. He smiles a vicious smile.

"okay." He throws her on the ground. She coughs and gasps for air.

"Is the little girl here Melody?" He says looking down at her.

"No she's with her father."

She lied..... Why is she protecting me? I look at her full of sadness and terror. she looks at me for a couple of seconds and mouths

"hide." I blink back tears.

"Mommy no I don't wanna leave you..."

"Now!" She mouths urgently.

I look at her one last time knowing I would never see her again.

"Goodbye Melody." He says smiling.

"see you in hell you son'va bitch."she hisses at him.