Chapter 14

I wake up late because I stay up late with Kai, but all the other people my age do the same since they don't have school in the summer. I hang out with Kai at night, I hang out with Amy and Jen and Declan and Dakota and Caroline during the day, although Caroline seems a bit pissy still that I had rejected her after the party. I also talk with Hope, she tells me about her life, about her grandchildren who visit at Christmas, stories of things she did when she was younger like rioting when Martin Luther King was alive and breaking a man's jaw when he tried to look up her skirt and fighting a pack of wolves which gained her the nickname "Pack Hunter" and she even showed me the scars. Hope might be crazy, but she's an interesting person none the less.
After two months of being here, all of our things are finally unpacked and I've gotten a sort of routine going. My routine goes like this, I wake up around one in the afternoon, I make breakfast and go out to hangout with my friends, I come home and mom makes dinner when it gets dark, I watch a movie with her and then we go to bed, I sneak out the window and go to the treehouse with Kai, we hangout, we talk, we make jokes, we watch the bright stars as the world turns around us, I go home and go to bed around three in the morning, repeat.
Vivian still talks about Nate constantly and I'm happy for her, hell, I'm happy for them. Nate stopped bugging me so I'm not so pissy with him anymore. I haven't forgotten the bullying that happened for years but I'm starting to let it go now. Even Nate's friends don't bother me much anymore.
It's only August first and I'm already being bombarded with back-to-school ads on social media. I put my phone in my pocket and head down to the kitchen. For the first time since I got here it's raining, it's been raining all day and it probably won't stop anytime soon either. I grab a bagel and head back to my room, there's no use going out on a rainy day just to get all wet. I go to watch YouTube videos on my phone and I get another message from Vivian, she says Nate got enough money for them to come to visit again and that they plan to come the week before the last week of summer because the last week of summer Nate will be getting back to basketball practice again. They'll be spending the third week of August with me. Hopefully, this time we don't have to go through all the emotional bullshit we did last time. For some reason though, at the thought of Nate returning, Hope's words of warning come back to me. Two boys, one loves me, one wants to hurt me. It's still just as much nonsense as ever. I'm excited to see them again, and Amy and Jen like them too. Speaking of Amy and Jen I should text them now that I have their numbers. I decide I'll talk to them later and put on my headphones to watch some gamers yell at stupid shit. I watch YouTube videos for the rest of the day, it's still raining during the night so I decide not to go out. If only I had Kai's number to tell him I wouldn't be there. Does Kai even have a phone? He probably doesn't. Oh well, I'll see him tomorrow.