10,000 Hours (Lukanette)

"You look fine Marinette," Alya assured with a smile.

Despite Alya's reassurance, Marinette was still panicking.

      "That's not what I'm worried about! What if he changes his mind? What if he realizes that I'm not good enough for him? I mean, he's the biggest rock star in all of Paris! He managed to surpass Jagged Stone and take the title of King of Rock! Me, I'm just a fashion designer!" Marinette rambled as she walked back and forth.

Alya only giggled at her friend's panicked state.

      "Okay, first of all, you're the best fashion designer in all of Paris. Everyone in the world knows you since you've managed to upstage Gabriel Agreste and Audrey Bourgeois."

Marinette didn't listen to Alya's attempts to make her feel better. Alya's face then softened as she walked over to her best friend.

      "Marinette..." Alya said as she placed her hands on Marinette's shoulders.

      "Do me a favour and look in the mirror."

Marinette took a deep breath and looked in the mirror as Alya requested.

      "Now, tell me what you see."

Marinette's eyebrows contorted in confusion.

      "Umm...me...?" Marinette dragged.

Alya only laughed again.

      "Okay, sure. But tell me what you look like."

Marinette looked at her reflection again.

      "I look like a bride."

      "Yes! And why do you look like a bride?"

Marinette's eyebrows contorted in confusion at her friend's question once again.

      "I look like this because I'm getting married today."

      "And why are you getting married?"

Marinette only groaned at Alya.

      "What are you doing?" Marinette asked.

      "Just answer the question."

Marinette sighed.

      "I'm getting married because Luka proposed to me."

Alya only clapped her hands. Marinette was more confused than ever at this moment.

      "That's right. Luka proposed to you. He got on one knee and presented a diamond ring to you. Why? Because he loves you. He wouldn't have asked you to be his girlfriend if he didn't love you. He sure as hell wouldn't be asking you to marry him if he didn't think that you were the one either."

      Marinette's face softened and she looked at her reflection again. She then realized how beautiful her dress was. Even though she designed it she didn't see its full beauty until now. She began to smile as she played with the ruffles of her dress.

      Marinette then looked at Alya and hugged her tight.

      "See, this is why I chose you to be Maid of Honour."

Both friends giggled as they hugged.

      "Do you think Luka is nervous?" Marinette asked still hugging Alya.

      "Nah, Luka's the most chill guy I know. I'm pretty sure he's fine."

------

      "I can't breathe!" Luka exhaled as he paced back and forth in front of the mirror.

Juleka already took all the videos and pictures she wanted of her brother panicking, saving it for a good laugh later, but at this point, she was getting tired of the charade.