New girl

I didn't think girls could be so mean. I mean yeah, I've seen the stereotypical mean girls on movies and stuff, but I never thought girls were actually like that.

It all started on the first day of grade 8. I was new to the school, and I'm sure you'd agree that it's a lot of stress starting at a new school. It's not always easy trying to find new friends. Especially at the age of 13. Girls have already found their little groups of friends, along with the boys. Yeah, I know that girls are going through their hormonal and emotional stage at this age, but a their is no excuse for a horrible welcome. At this point, the whole "don't judge a book by its cover" is totally forgotten about during these years. And it hit hardest on me.

I slowly walked into the small school, looking at all of the stares that were hitting me constantly. I made my way into the front office.
"May I help you?" the lady at the front desk said.
"Um... Yeah... I'm Kristy Smith. I'm new here." I replied.
"Oh! Kristy! Yes, of course. I'm sorry. Let me get you set up. I'm Mrs. Louis," I watched her as she scurried to where I was standing.
I was starting to think that this would be an okay school. The secretary seemed sweet. I couldn't wait to meet my teacher and classmates.
She walked me to my locker and handed me a schedule. Then she continued the tour.
*school bell rings*
"Well you better get to class then. Come to me if you need anything!"
She waddled away.
I made my way up to homeroom and sat down. Watching the rest of the class pile in, many people gave me the worst stares. Man... If looks could kill am I right?
I could hear whispers as I opened my notebook. I immediately felt uncomfortable. Stares I can deal with, dirty stares I can't.
Is my outfit ugly? Oh no, my hair is probably frizzy. Did I brush my teeth?! Those thoughts were the only ones I could hear coming from my brain. Then the teacher ran in. She was an older lady. White hair, blue eyeshadow, pink cheeks, rattled voice. Kind of scary.
"Hello class. I am Mrs. Bremuda. I am your homeroom teacher. I do believe we have a new face in our class... What's your name dear?" She looked at me.
"I'm... Kristy,"
"Well, welcome to our school," she turned to face the whiteboard.
"Today we will be looking at fractions. Everyone split into groups of 3 or 4. No more, no less," she said.
Before I could even turn around everyone was already in their groups. I sat there for a moment and then went to talk to the teacher.
"Hi... I have no group," I mumbled.
"Does anybody want to take Kristy into their group?" She yelled.
No one raised their hand.
"Okay then, Masey. Kristy is going to join your group," she yelled again.
I heard a loud sigh.
I walked over to her group and introduced myself.
"Hi. I'm Kristy."
They looked at me but didn't say anything. As if they were ignoring me or something.
"So we are working on fractions?" I asked.
"Well duh. That's just what she said. Did you not hear her?" Masey snapped.
I was shocked. "Snob" I thought. I wanted to say that so bad.
They began to work on the math. They continued to ignore me, but I kept my head high, adding suggestions throughout the work. Whether they were listening or not.
The recess bell rung, and they were not slow at all to leave me. I grabbed my stuff, and left the room, head down.