Chapter 1

The middle of October, a warm afternoon. The colorful leaves fall from the branches, decorating the ground with vibrant and brown colors. The wind blew a little, warning all to the near future cold seasons.

"Alright, see you tomorrow!", your friend yells. "See you later!" "Don't forget we have to finish the project tomorrow, bye!" You chuckle a little at your friends perk and wave goodbye.

Walking down the everyday route home, there where fewer people than normal. You could say it gave off an...eerie vibe. Raised to be cautious, you steadily but quickly walk the same road.

Passing by the stores, you spot a door. It was new, you've never seen it before. 'Maybe a new store...', you think. To doubt your hesitant thoughts, this door WAS near your favorite book and video game store. Walking up to the door, it was dim lit. The windows on both sides of the door were blocked by purple curtains, a little open even. Pressing weight on the door, a little ring above startles you. 'Oh, doorbell...'

You walk in more. Forgetting to ever check the name of the store...

Stepping further to meet rows and rows of book shelves, you startled with how dark it soon got. Turning around quickly, your (e/c) eyes widen in fear.

The door was gone.

Not only that. The whole layout of the room had changed. Turning around once again you meet up with a curtain now. The magenta curtains drape down to the floor with extra length and they sway a little with a breeze from an unknown draft in the room.

It was quiet and dark, fear etched in your heart ever so slowly, as you soon come to the realization....

The curtain may be your only savoir from the everlasting darkness.

Not knowing where you were, or where the curtains led, you drop your bookbag and sprinted throught the curtains.

Popping into existance, you land on your front side. Strolled out on the ground. "Ouch.", you get to your knees and check your limbs. 'My knee. It's bleeding...' Shaking your attention off your wounded knee you look at your surrounds and your ears tune into the ambience. "I'm in a city?", you ask rhetorically. Walking up to the rim of the alleyway, you pass trash bins, broken, dripping pipes, and graffitied, brick walls. You soon were startled by a lid falling off a trash can. Looking after, you notice a little rat had crawled out with an apple core in its mouth. 'A rat?! Must be hard.', you let the rat be and continue towards the alleyway entrance.

The bright light shine as you step out the dark alleyway. Bring your forearms to cover your eyes for adaptability. You soon clearly see, tall, short numbers of buildings. It was in fact a city, but where was the real concern now.

Your attention soon focuses to your near surroundings. People of all shapes and sizes roam the streets and roads. Though when you looked closer....the people....weren't normal.

Fear consumes you as your retreat back to the same dark alleyway, you once came from. Mid entrance you lean against the wall for a breathe. You look to your left and pause, the trash can wasn't there.

"Hey little lady~ What'rya do'in out here all'a by ya lonesome?", you turn to see three shady men walk through the entrance. They stood tall, blocking majority of the light. You start to tremble, "U-um..I..I.." "Oh look Boonie, ya got her all scared.", one rough husky man said with a clearly fake, sympathetic tone. "Aw she's fine. She looks like she can handle herself. Right?", he questions. You continue to shake, not giving an answer. Finalizing their thoughts on you..."Say, little mama, what do ya say you hang with us?", he asks. Then one big man stops in his tracks as he begins to sniff the air. "Human...", he mumbles. "What Totty?", one asks for him to repeat. "...human. I. Smell. HUMAN!" 'Human?', you remember the cut on your knee. The big man lunged at you. With a tiny squeal from yourself, you run the other way of the alleyway. "Boonie calm Totty down, and grab that girl!", the lean one yells. You turn a little over your shoulder, you see the seemingly know Totty and Boonie pursuing you. Running as fast as your teen body could go, you finally meet with the opposite end of the alleyway. Hope forms on your face, as your run into the light, and another part of this foreign city.