MAY 5TH (MONDAY, 6:00 A.M.)

Riiinggg!!!

"Ughh..." you groaned as you got up out of bed. It was your first day of work at The Devil's Casino. You were actually really excited, you couldn't wait to meet everyone else there. So, your threw your alarm clock off your nightstand (as you usually do -_-) and got up and ran to your closet to see what was appropriate to wear. Buuut then you remembered that, Mr. King Dice would give you your uniform anyways so, you just threw on a T-Shirt and some jeans.

Sure, the casino was far, but not that far. You knew a bunch of handy dandy short-cuts around the place. And before ya knew it, boom! You were there.

You weren't completely sure if your ready ready, but you knew you were ready.

Kinda.

You walked in pretty proudly and you were instantly greeted by a...floating..magic..8 ball?

"OuoH! Well hello there! Are you the new girl?"

This guy was really smiley. Too smiley for a Monday.

"Uhm...ya?"

After you said that, this floating 8 ball turned around and started yelling to other people.

"YUK, YUK! Gwuys!! The rumors are true, the rumors are true, the rumors are TRUE!!! Come and meet the new girl!" He yelled.

After he said that, a guy made of a buncha poker chips came out of a room of from the side of the back tables, and a tall looking female wearing a flared out skirt and on her tippy toes came out of a door opposite to the one poker chip man came out of.

Floating 8 ball turned around to face you again,

"Im Mangosteen. Nuwice to meet chuh!"

Mangosteen had this very goofy slur to all his words. It was silly, but cute.

"Well, lookie lookie, i'll be damned! There is a new girl!" said the tall poker chip man

"How do you knows that zis girl actually workz here?" Said the tall lady. She has a deep Russian accent. And, now that she has moved closer, you just now noticed her skirt highly resembles a roulette table.

you were lost for words. These people are so different, so special. Why would a normal girl like you, with...no fancy catch phrase, no goofy slur, no accent...no personality..be hired here?

"Hello everyone...im y/n." you said politely, but you didn't smile.

"You do work here, right little lady?" Said the poker chip guy, realizing that you might be a costumer who just wants their order taken down.

"Yes i do...have any of you seen Mr. King Dice?"

"Guwys! Tell tha niwce lady your name! Stop asking her questions, it might make her feel uncomfortuble, uhehe" Mangosteen was wayyy too smiley.

"OH! sorry..Im Chips little lady." Said the tall chip man. The name really suits for sure.

"Pirouletta" Said the ballerina looking lady.

"King Dice comes at night, so you definitely came at duh wrong time, huhuk!" Okay, Mangosteen was annoying. Adorable. Maybe both. I don't know, he seems too optimistic. Whatever, maybe thats just the Pessimistic side of me shining. I should be really happy, i got a new job, looks like I could get some new friends !...I just......really hoped I would get to see him again, I guess..

"Well, i mean, Mr. King Dice told me 9 A.M. ?"

"Naw, don't listen to Mangosteen. You came at the right time, it's just Dice doesn't come 'til night. Mangosteen just thinks thats an excuse to slack off 'til Dice shows!" Chips reassured you.

Suddenly, Cuphead BUSTED through the door, ran RIGHT past everybody, and ran into the door behind the bar. Mugman followed, screaming at Cuphead. You couldn't help but think both them boys were destined for hell, and you laughed at the thought of them NOT trying to cause trouble for once.

Mugman looked at you, and he smiled instantly "Oh my gosh, hey Y/N!" and you noticed something was missing off of ol' Mugs. You just couldn't figure out what..

"H-hey Mugs. What you yellin' at Cuphead about ?" You asked, a tad shooken from the situation.

"Oh, that blasted brother of mine stole my straw RIGHT outta my head and booked it while we were walking to work!" Mugman then got all worrysome again, and looked around frantically. "Have any of you seen that low life??"
He asked.

You laughed. "Yea, Mug, he ran through there" and you pointed.

Mugman groaned and went through...a different door?

You sat with an apperent, OBVIOUS look on your face of total confusion.

"Zose two doorz connect too zee back offize, so Mugmanz going thruu zat door, he will catch Cuphead off gaurd. Actually, very smart of Mugz parrt." Pirrouetta assured to you.

"Oh. Right." You said.

"Get to know zis place and it will be like second home, Y/N" Pirrouetta smiled.

You smiled back, a real smile. No one has talked to you with such kindness since you've been here. This place? Even though it's The Devil's Casino, it sure darn tootin' feels like a blessing.

And then, you were dragged out of La-la land and back into reality when Mugman BURSTED through the door behind the bar HOLDING CUPHEAD'S HEAD and just booking it outside.

"MUGMAN PUT MY DAMN HEAD BACK ON MY SHOULDERS!!!" Cuphead screamed at Mugs.

Next thing you know, Cuphead's decapitated body come stumbling through the bar door, (still holding the straw🤦🏼), ran into the door frame, and fell to the ground. You could hear Mugman's laugh's and Cup still screaming at him in the distance.

Working here....will be SO much fun :).