|FIVE|

Chapter Five: Pain
-physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury-

I let the pain calm me down as I lied on the cold hallway floor. The green eyed guy stopped speaking and stopped trying to reach out to me. He simply sat down next to me, taking his bottom lip between his teeth. Worried.

I focused on the pain.

I prayed he leave.

He didn't. In fact, I felt him shift closer to me his eyes flickering to the clock hanging on the wall. "You can leave, you know." My voice makes him jump and he quickly catches my eyes, his own growing wide. I slowly sit up, fisting my hands up in the process as an attempt to hide the bloody nail marks underneath. His eyes flicker down to my closed fists.

"Are you okay?" He whispers as if afraid his voice will break me. The concern in his tone makes my fingers twitch, wanting the pain to come back to distract me.

I stand up abruptly shocking both him and me. A wave of dizziness slaps me in the face, but I stay collected. "No. No I'm not." Before he can stand up himself I'm already walking away ignoring the spinning room.

"You know I've always wondered what one is supposed to do when they get that response." I turn around to glare at Green eyes his voice having come out in a raspy laugh. Of course with the spinning room it turned out to be a horrible idea.

I'm going to throw up.

"Woah there!" Green eyes is suddenly in next to me his hands grabbing hold of my shoulders as my traitor legs give out underneath me. As I lean up against him I can't help but to disgustingly gulp down my breakfast.

On sheer instinct I pull my arm from his grip. The glare that was unable to appear a mere second ago now rose in all its glory. "Don't. Fucking. Touch. Me, " I grit out, my arm burning from his touch. He takes a few steps back at my reaction, hands raised. Hurt flashes in his eyes as his lips droop into a lopsided frown. I scowl at the sight of it, but nonetheless try my best to look at anything but him.

"I didn't mean to upset you." His eyes flicker down to my open fists where 4 red punctures wounds are visible in each palm. I get lost in the crescent shapes myself having been unaware of them till now. "But you're obviously in a bad state and as the only person here I feel obligated to help you. I can walk you to the nurse...?"

I turn away from him, this time at a more steady pace, and start to walk towards the exit once more. "Just leave me alone."

Surprisingly...he listens.

________________