• PROLOGUE •

"We are just bonded by the law, not by anything special."

✽───────────────────────✽

'This is the last one,' Chaewon thought as she filled in the application for a position in one of the largest entertainment companies in South Korea. Lookiny through their job site, she figured that there was only a little hope for her.

They were lacking in staff members and they even needed a trustworthy personal assistant for the CEO of the company. She appointed a date for interview before logging out. Shutting down her computer, a yawn left her mouth as she got up from her desk and headed downstairs, towards the kitchen to grab dinner.

Upon reaching the kitchen, her eyes fell on the note that her mom left her in which it was written that her mom might arrive home late and has a night shift that hopefully ends at 1 o'clock in the morning.

Chaewon carelessly threw it away in the waste bin and didn't get bothered by it. It was almost all the time she'd stay at work and only come home for some hours which she'd gladly soen on resting.

But that didn't mean Chaewon and her mother weren't close.

She didn't bother much about anything at the moment and got the ingredients ready to prepare a small dinner for herself.

She didn't think of putting much effort in it and thought of making something simple yet tasty to ease her hunger down. She wasn't in the mood for anything fancy.

So she ended up making a sandwich and grabbed a watle bottle and a can of soda from the refrigerator as she made her way out of the kitchen area.

With the foods in her hands, she went up the stairs and back into her little den she liked to called her bedroom as she hummed and skipped along playfully.

Chaewon always did that when she was home alone. She knew no one would be judging her then so it was fine if she did whatever she wanted to.

As soon as she reached her personal space, she settled down on the desk, and switched her computer on.

Logging into her account, she checked if she had received any new email but was a little disappointed when she saw none were there.

She sighed and turned on a movie instead, leaning back against the fluffy chair in a resting pose. Grabbing the soda that sat on her desk beside the computer, she took a big gulp of it and set it back down on the desk.