• 13 •

"I think you should go back to your sister Taehyun," Chaewon spoke lowly as she lifted her head a little. Her eyes glistened as the light from the street lamp lit them from the corner as her cheeks felt tacky from the dried up tears from an hour ago. 

Chaewon pushed herself up on both of her palms and stood up as she threw away the used plastic cup into a bin. She returned the jacket that Taehyun has earlier draped over her shoulders and shove her hands into her jeans' pockets. 

"You, umm you can keep it," Taehyun spoke softly as his voice wavered a bit. 

"Thanks, but I don't need it," the girl spoke nonchalantly as she walked off onto her own path.

She made a quick stop at a convenience store and bought a drink to keep her warm. Soon she continued her way back to the house already knowing that Jimin wasn't going to be there for the night. 

Not like he was there every other day. 

Chaewon kicked a small gravel on the pavement as she walked on. Noises kept o catching her attention scaring her off a bit. She fastened her pace and put her hands over mouth and nose, trying to warm them up. 

Soon reaching her house, Chaewon let out a sigh. She grabbed the keys from her jeans' pockets and inserted the right one in the keyhole. The light illuminating her face as she left walked in. She left her shoes near on the shelf by the door. 

The warmth of a home greeted her when she walked into the living room. 

Chaewon didn't feel like doing anything nor wasting any more of her energy. Her eyes fell upon the wine cabinet at the corner of the room. She walked up to it and opened the door of the cabinet. 

She grabbed a bottle of wine and walked up to the kitchen counter in the kitchen which was located beside the living room. She searched for a bottle opener, and once she found it, she opened up the bottle. 

She too a long sip from the glass bottle, the liquor burning down her throat and she gagged as a result. Her eyes watered up. 

"I really am pathetic, aren't I?" Chaewon didn't ask anyone in particular but herself. 

She pulled out a bar tool and sat on it, her eyes reading the labels on the bottle. She swung the bottle and took another sip from it. The alcoholic drink entered into her systems making her feel dizzy and her emotions heightened. 

Tears formed in the corner of her eyes causing them to glisten. Her lower lip, which was wet due to the alcohol, quivered and her eyebrows were furrowed. 

She soon finished the bottle and walked in the direction of her bedroom. She opened up the door, creaked a bit, and stepped inside the dark room. She stumbled in the dark room as she tried looking for the bathroom. 

At that moment she recalled the faces of her husband and his girlfriend, who was apparently her friend, and felt betrayed. Tears flowed down her eyes smudging her makeup further as she stood in front of the mirror. 

She screamed profanities at her reflection. Chaewon knew how pathetic she was. She felt disgusted at herself for being so weak. Feeling angered at her reflection for looking so wretched, she swung her glass bottle and striked it towards the mirror.

The glass bottle shattered and cracks appeared on once smooth mirror as some pieces of glass fell down on the floor. 

She sat down on the floor as her hands reached to grab a glass shard. 

But then, she heard the front door open.