chapter 1

Celestial Spirits and Sky Dragon

"Wake uuuuup." A voice whispered in Naruto's ear. Naruto groaned as he was being pulled from his sleep.

"Wake up." The voice started to sound annoyed but it didn't deter Naruto from his sleep.

"WAKE UP!" The voice yelled, making Naruto scream as he fell over the side of his bed.

"Well, you sure act like her." The voice sounded amused.

"Huh, wha-" Naruto opened his eyes to stare at a pair of polished black shoes. He followed them up to see pressed, black pants followed by a white dress shirt, black jacket and tie to rest on a youthful looking face of a man with unruly, almost animalistic, auburn hair and shaded glasses. Naruto yelped in surprise and jumped on the bed, pulling out a kunai from his sleeve and placing it in front of him in a defensive position.

"Who are you! Why are you here!" Naruto asked cautiously.

The man smirked as he adjusted his glasses over his eyes. "I am Leo the Lion, but you can call me Loke. You summoned me." The newly dubbed Loke said calmly.

"What, I never summoned you." Naruto was confused. How could he have not sensed this man's presence. He would have felt it if someone had entered his house. He stared as Loke pulled out the keys that came from the meteor. "Those are…"

Loke finished for him. "These are the Celestial Keys."

"Celestial Keys?" It would make sense since they came from a meteor.

Loke nodded. "Yes, the Celestial Keys are a mage's tool that allows them to summon spirits like me."

"Spirits?"

Loke looked annoyed. "Are you going to keep parroting me or can I finish my explanation."

"S-s-sorry." Naruto stuttered as he shut up and let Loke continue.

Loke sighed to recompose himself. "As I was saying, the Celestial Keys are powerful weapons that allow a mage to summon Celestial Spirits." He pointed to himself. "For example, I am Leo the Lion. I am part of the Golden Keys." He showed the golden keys. "There are 11 others like me, meaning spirits of great power. Our abilities differ from each other and not all of us are suited for combat." Loke stopped talking and looked at his audience hoping to see that Naruto had paid attention. "Now, any questions?"

"Yes, you said mage, did you mean magic? I thought magic didn't exist." Naruto asked.

Loke looked surprised. "You don't know about magic? Then how did you summon me?"

Naruto looked at Loke in confusion. "What do you mean how? When I summon, I use chakra. Isn't that how I summoned you?"

"Chakra, the energy in all living things? Well, I guess that could be used as a substitute for magic, the energy that lives in the soul." Loke asked. "Wait, you said summoning. What did you mean?"

Naruto looked oddly at the supposed spirit before biting his thumb, drawing blood and performing hand seals. Loke looked at the whole thing in confusion before looking in shock as Naruto slammed his hand on the floor and out popped a frog.