12.

Work was as always hectic

Work was as always hectic. And now as the HOD it was more stressful. Rey had to go out of town for work so I had to go alone.

I was getting in the car and I can't wait to get home now.

Home. A place which was just a mere house before 2 months has become a HOME for me.
Actually no, not the place, the person has become my home.

I still remember the first time I went to his house.

FlashbackDing dongggggg

Flashback
Ding dongggggg...
I rang the doorbell. I came alone. Renu maa insisted on coming but I denied because I wanted to spend some time with him alone.

I rang the bell a few more times but he didn't open the door. I was taking out my phone to ask him to open the door then suddenly the door infront of his apartment opened.

For a second I thought that I rang the wrong door bell. But an old aged lady came out instead of him. He told me he lives alone.
Suddenly she asked

"Who are you? What are you doing here at my son's apartment. I swear if you are one of those girls who follow my Ansh every where, I'll sue you young lady. "

"I'm sorry ma'am. I think you are highly mistaken. I am not what you think. I'm Arya, Reyansh's.... "
I was cut off by another voice.

"She's my fiance, maa. She's here to see the house. "
Reyansh spoke.

"Oh, I see. So you are the Arya he always talks about. "
The old lady whose name I still don't know replied.

"Maa, you are not supposed to say this. It was confidential information. "

I chuckled at their little banter.

"Oh sorry Arya. Let me introduce you to her. She's Dr. Jyoti. She's a doctor, my neighbor and my second mother. "

" Namastey(Greetings) auntyji, it's nice to meet you."

I bent down to touch her feet. My mumma always told me to touch your elder's feet while greeting them. It shows that you respect them and it gets you their blessings.