Second time's the charm

I woke up with a headache. Jeremiah lay beside me, snoring peacefully. The reality of what I did hit me. I delivered him to Jerome. I could have killed him. My own mind isn't safe. I am a danger to him. Well, do you think it's a surprise? You've always been a second-rate failure, that's why you've never had control. I fell apart for a long time there, but im back! Let me out. Let me out. Pretty pretty please? Nope. I shook my head, trying to clear her out, and the negative thoughts consuming me. Jeremiah was still out so I decided to find out some information.

I dress in a black skirt, I preferred these because of the freedom of movement. A light pink blouse went on top of that, and some black combat boots. I threw on some makeup, couldn't have him recognizing me. Then, I grabbed the keys to my car, kissed Jeremiah on the cheek, and left. The drive to the GCPD seemed to take forever, but I finally arrived. I didn't even truly know what I was going to say.

I got out of the car, checked the made sure all of my weapons were in the right spots, and marched right in. Deja vu hit me hard, it was just like when Jerome and Faith had come in. I had to admit, that had been fun to watch. I walked up to a cop sitting in his desk.

"I need to speak with Captain James Gordon please," the cop glanced up at me and smiled.

"Sure, he's right up there," he pointed to the office overlooking the rest of the precinct. I nodded and walked on up. Gordon was sitting in his chair, looking stressed out. No wonder why, there were still tons of escapees on the loose some serial killers. Or others psychopaths like Jerome and Tetch. I knocked on the door lightly before letting myself in. He saw me and sat straight up in his chair, then thought better of it and stood.

"Ecco? What can I help you with today?" He asked me, gesturing to the chairs facing his desk. I sat, and after a moment, he did too.

"Honestly, I don't truly know. I just need," I paused, trying to think of a word.

"Answers? Are you confused about what happened last night?" I nodded, looking down at the table. I was so ashamed, it was all a blur, but I think Faith had been in control. I wanted, no needed him to tell me otherwise. He sighed and leaned back in his chair. "You were hypnotized." I sucked in a breath, not what I was expecting.

"Hypnotized?" I asked him, confused. He nodded.

"You know of Tetch, correct?" I nodded.

"The freak with the top hat?" He smiled at that.

"Yep, him. He is amazing at hypnotizing people, to bend to his will. I've had plenty of run ins with him before. He's almost impossible to overcome, none of what you did yesterday was your fault." I sighed in relief. "You do pack one hell of a punch though." I blushed.

"I've been training for years, I sure hope I do." All of the sudden, a pretty female cop barged in the door.

"Sir, there's been sightings of Jerome," my heart dropped to my stomach. Jim stood quickly.

"Sorry to cut this short, if you need anything else,-" I cut him off.

"No, I'm fine. Now go catch that bastard." With that he nodded and ran out the door, gathering cops as he went. I looked at the time, I had been gone for over an hour, Jeremiah would be waking soon. I didn't go straight home, I stopped and bought a ton more ammo, then groceries before leaving Gotham. I pulled into the drive, then balanced all of the bags on my arms before walking up to the door.

It opened and I let myself in, walking to our kitchen and putting everything away. Jeremiah must be awake by now. I stored the ammo all around, in places I would remember, before going into the computer room. He was waiting there for me.