Unlikely Friendships

It was night at the Willows as Bunga and his new friend, Binga were playing around each other doing dares at one another and playfully joking around as they ran around in the moonlight.

"Catch you, Binga!" Bunga squirmed as he pounced on her.

"Okay, okay! You got me!" she yelped as she playfully growled at him.

"I told you, I had won again." he huffed.

"Yeah." she breathed as she sat down on the grass. Bunga sat down beside her as they watched the stars glowed in the sky.

"Bunga, I was never too sure about taking a lot of dares for tonight, but I shall--" she started but Bunga shooked slightly.

"It's fine. You don't have to complain about this." he said firmly then he sighed under his breath.

"What's the matter?" she asked, noticing his smile had faded away. "You can tell me everything. I would understand."

He hesitate for a moment as he looked at Binga with slight sadness that he knows that he'd miss his Uncles so much back home at the Pride Lands.

"I just missed my Uncles back there." he frowned sadly.

"Who were your Uncles then? I never knew you had one." she asked curiously.

"Well, there's a warthog named Pumbaa and a meerkat named Timon. We always bond each other everyday ever since I first met them." he told her as he remembers his time with his Uncles Timon and Pumbaa. "And I never felt the same without them ever since they welcomed me to them. We do have Utamu celebrations every wet season, we eat lots of grubs almost in every color. And now, things are quite distant now since Kion's new family had welcomed us to the Night Pride and I didn't had a chance to say goodbye to them. I really felt sad about that."

"And you think you regretted that you didn't had a chance to say your farewells to them?" she said as she held Bunga's hand slightly.

"Exactly." he responded with a nod.

"Well, at least, maybe they know that their son was old now to take risks on his own. Like you, well, you might be stubborn at times, but you can always remember that they loved you even if that you were miles apart fron each other, you'll might see each other again someday." she reassured him as she patted his shoulder then she stood up and she lent him a hand.

Bunga stared at her as she gave him a smile and he accepted the lift.

"Thanks, Binga." he acknowledged.

"Sure thing. I always understand true one's feelings. Especially like you do." she remarked with a wink.

"You bet you would." he chuckled.

They stared at each other's eyes as they wander around in each others thoughts. Binga shooked her head as she awfully brushed her fur in the back.

"Alright." she muttered.

"Something mattered you?" he asked in concern.

"Nope, it's fine, Bunga. You don't have to worry me. It's just my fur." she hissed him off as she pushed him off a feet away from her.

"Well, I'm just catious as you know, I have a tender side when it comes to girls." he complained as he approached her and he held Binga's shoulder, which she jolted and she turned at him with a stare.

"Like me? But I never had done anything bad enough." she complained. "Or if I should say, you're worried about me?"

"Well--that's not--what I meant is--" he stuttered as he shamefully shooked his head out then he admitted, "Well--I'm worried, yes. A bit. More like a lot."