࿐ྂ。chapter two

TYLER LOCKWOOD let out a small groan as he plopped down on the couch in his dad's old office. He knew that he had done Alara wrong by leaving her like he did but he knew that he couldn't get attached to Alara, after all he was with Caroline.

"Tyler? You alright" Caroline asked from the doorway. "Yeah, just thinking that's all" Tyler replied, sitting up and smiling at his girlfriend. Caroline frowned. "Tyler you never think about anything. What's wrong" Caroline asked. Tyler told Caroline everything about Alara, leaving out the part where he slept with her of course.

"I think that you need a break from, well, everyone. Maybe you should go back and see them" Caroline said. Tyler looked at Caroline in shock. "Are you serious" Tyler asked. "Tyler, it's okay for you to miss other people, just like it's okay for you to have friends outside of Mystic Falls" Caroline said.

"Alara? Baby wake up" Hayley said, slightly pushing Alara to wake her up. The 17 year old had gotten a cute little tummy over the past two weeks, as due to Alara being pregnant it took the duo little bit longer to get to Mystic Falls. "I'm up" Alara said, moaning slightly as she cracked her neck.

Alara looked around to find that Hayley had brought them to a place called the Mystic Grill. "Food" Alara asked Hayley. The woman nodded causing Alara to grin. Hayley had left to get some food for Alara, the teen deciding to stay back in the car and lounge. She didn't particularly like walking around unless it was absolutely necessary.

Hayley had come back, bringing Alara back from beginning to think about how she would tell Tyler that she was pregnant. "Here's a burger, they didn't have tacos" Hayley said, handing Alara the takeout box. "Thanks" Alara muttered before digging into her food. Hayley put the car in drive and pulled out of the parking lot, Alara feeding the woman on the way to the Lockwood residence.

Alara began to get nervous as Hayley put the car in park and got out of the car. "Hayley I can't do this" Alara panicked, looking at her best friend. "Yes you can. If Tyler wants any part in this kid's life than he will be overjoyed that your here. If not, me and you will go find some backhoe and raise this baby together, alright" Hayley said. Alara nodded and let Hayley pull her to the door.

Hayley knocked on the door, lacing her fingers with Alara's shortly after. The door was opened by a woman who looked to be in her thirties to forties, smiling at both girls. "Well who might you two be" The woman asked. "I'm Hayley, this is Alara. We're some of Tyler's friends" Hayley answered. "Funny, he never mentioned the two of you. I'm Carol, his mother" Carol said, shaking hands with both girls.

Carol allowed Hayley and Alara to walk into the home, telling the females where Tyler would be. Hayley and Alara entered the office, being greeted with a group of teens, along with a raven haired man, arguing with a dirty blonde male. The group had stopped upon hearing the door open.

"Well, well, well, who might you be" The dirty blonde male asked. "None of your god damn business asshole" Alara answered. "Alara" Tyler asked, causing everyone to look at him. "You know her" Elena asked. "Yeah" Tyler replied. "Well what might you be doing here" The raven haired one asked. "Go on" Hayley said, shoving Alara slightly.

"Tyler I'm pregnant, and it's yours" Alara said quickly. "That can't be right, Tyler's my boyfriend" Caroline said, confusion all over her features. "Hate to break it to you sweetheart, but I saw those two getting drunk and disappearing to Alara's place. Day after I caught Tyler doing the walk of shame" Hayley said.

Tyler walked over to Alara and pulled the girl into a hug. Alara hugged Tyler back, relishing the moment with him as she knew that now she'd never have a chance with him. Pulling away, Alara handed Tyler the paternity test she had been forced to take, by Hayley of course. Sure enough, that baby was Tyler's.

"So how long will you guys be staying" Matt asked. He was excited that he could possibly be an uncle to Alara's baby, after all he was Tyler's best friend. "No idea, Lara and I still need a place to crash" Hayley answered, pulling Alara into a bear hug. "The girls can stay with me. After all, I'd like to get to know this one" Klaus said, pointing at Alara.

"You can't be serious" Stefan said. "Oh I am mate. Anyways, you and I both know that Rebekah would love to have a new friend" Klaus answered. Everyone started arguing, giving Tyler and Alara a chance to go up to Tyler's room. "So, how have you been" Tyler asked as he and Alara slowly walked up the stairs.

"Well other than craving tacos and tater tots, don't ask it's fucking insane" Alara said at the look Tyler gave her. Tyler laughed and motioned for her to continue. "This baby's been a bitch, but I've grown to like it" Alara summed, Tyler cracking a grin along with her. "So the blonde asshole who offered to let me stay with him. That Klaus" Alara asked curiously. "Yeah" Tyler answered, opening the door to his room.

"Neat for a guys room" Alara commented. "Thanks" Tyler replied. The two sat on the bed in an awkward silence as neither of them knew what to say. "You do know that you can stay here with me instead of staying with a deranged psycho, right" Tyler asked. Alara nodded in reply. "How are we gonna do this Tyler? We're not meant to be parents yet" Alara asked.

Tyler sat there for a moment. He didn't know how to answer that. Richard was a dick father to him, Tyler didn't want that for his child. "Well for starters, we try. We try to raise this baby in the environment that we can provide. Sure my dad was a dick to me, and sure, I'm a dick myself, but I'm willing to change my ways for this kid" Tyler admitted. Alara nodded.

"I never really grew up with an  example of good parents. My mom used to push me around and tell me that I was a good for nothing whore, while dad would tell me that I was a mistake. That I wasn't supposed to happen, much less be their responsibility" Alara said. Tyler hugged Alara, the girl surprised at how mushy he was being.

"Look at them, their gonna be great parents" Bonnie whispered to Elena. "Ugh, I wish I was as hot as her, their gonna make great babies" Elena replied. "That's for damn sure" Stefan whispered, scaring both girls. "How long have you been here" Elena whisper shouted as she and Bonnie shoved Stefan down the stairs.