1

...I look up to meet his eyes. As I stare into those beautiful, full, crystal blue eyes, I feel at home, I feel like no matter where we are, in the middle of a zombie apocalypse or falling to our deaths, that this person would protect me, that he would do anything...to make me happy. My lips turn up at the corners as my eyes begin looking down the the sharpness of his jawline, the fullness and perfectness of his soft lips, the way he-

You sigh and slam the notebook on your lap shut.
You have no hope in writing, yet you keep getting at it again and again, hoping some day you'd find some skill in it.
Unfortunately, that never has happened.
And never will.
You glance at your watch.
10:00am.
Time for work.
Getting out of the comforting warmth of your doona and off your bed, you go change into appropriate work clothing, being a pair of black leggings and the companies work shirt uniform.
The shirt has a little cup of coffee stitched onto the pocket of the shirt up that rests against the left side of your chest, whilst the rest of the shirt is a plain light brown.
Sitting on the side of your bed, you flick your feet up into the air and put your plain white sneakers on.
It's just a habit of yours to put them on like this.
You've always done it since you were young.
Jumping back up off of your bed, you run a comb through your hair and tie it back into a loose ponytail, grab your phone and your house keys, and head out the door.
People walking past you give you glances, which you're used to.
A frown is plastered across your lips and your eyebrows are knotted.
You just aren't in a good mood.
You never are.
Having the job you have, the one you are forced to do by your father, you don't have the effort to fake a smile for the civilians passing by you on the street.
You're not happy, so why should you try to show you are out of no reason?
Arriving at your casual work place, a smile that doesn't quite reach your eyes comes on your lips.
Faking smiles are exhausting.
Looking into the corner booth, the guy is already there, sitting there, with two cups of coffee.
He's always there, you're actually quite curious why.
He comes before you arrive, orders two coffees and sits there sipping one of the coffees, staring into nothingness as the other coffee gets cold. After the other coffee is ice cold, he leaves. Picks up his cane and leaves.
He must have a walking problem, since it's odd for such a young man to have a cane.
Giving him a small grimace, you go behind the counter and get ready to start your shift.
Arms envelope you from behind, making a small chuckle leave your mouth.
"Kemini I told you to stop doing this!" You say, breaking the lock of her hands surrounding her.
"I'm your sister shouldn't I be allowed?" Turning around to look at her, she has a small pout on her lips.
She's adorable.
"Stop saying that. Our identities kem.." You whisper to her.
"Oh! Forgot!" She squeaks.
Hiding our true identities is crucial to our jobs, since if my sister or i's real names are recognised, it could be the end of our lives, and our fathers company.
So, we need to hide from the real world, and when we work, we hide our faces.
"Ahhh Miss Lee and Miss Chan, nice seeing you here on time. Hurry up and get to work!" Our loud boss says from behind us. Kemini jumps at the surprise of his presence while I causally glance in his direction.
I've learnt to be unfazed from my job.
Kemini is just a minor.
"Also, Miss Lee, can you please go talk to the guy who always sits in the corner? He's always wasting a coffee!" He says.
You bet the guy can hear him, since he's practically screaming.
You nod and walk to his table with a smile on your face.
Kemini goes and takes orders of the other customers.
As you walk up to the young mans table, he's looking down at the table, his fringe falling over his eyes.
When you are standing at the table, he immediately looks up at you, and his eyes lock on yours.
Your eyes almost widen.
His ice cold silver eyes stare at you, and chills flow over your arms.
The look he's giving you is shocking..he looks dead.
He doesn't blink once.
"Sorry to interrupt you sir but may I sit?" You ask politely, straight face as you hide any emotions that his dead stare gives you.
He nods, and you sit opposite to him.
"Why do you always buy two coffees? You only drink one and always leave the other to get cold. Why is that?" You're surprised by how sweet you sound.
He doesn't answer, he looks down and plays with his fingers, almost shyly, but you can see the sadness on his face.
"Sorry, but I have to." His deep velvety voice startles you a little.
"It's okay. Have a nice day sir!" You say cheerfully.
He nods and finished his coffee, then leaves.
You clear up the two cups, then go to wipe the table.
On the ground is a pair of keys.
You pick them up.
I wonder if they belong to him? It's early and he's most likely the only one to have been sitting here, unless the keys have been here from last night.
He's most likely long gone by now, but you duck your head out of the door to check.
Seeing the empty paths either side of the cafe, you realise he's gone.
Staring at the keys, you wonder what to do.
Why should you help anyone out?
This world is shit to you, so why try to make it better for others when no one would for you?
You're about to chuck them in the bin, but a tang in your heart makes you put them in your pocket.
You sigh, then continue to work.

[A/N]
Unedited.
Hope you enjoyed.
I'll update as soon as I can. :)