Prologue: The Calm Before the Storm

Darkness. It's this feeling that many folks seem to envelop. A feeling where all hope is lost and is instead replaced with this sudden urge of wanting to take control of something, or even someone. Darkness is what was once surrounding the New Quackmore Institute. EVIL was that feeling that loomed around, something that felt right in the moment. People were screaming, scared for their lives.

That was...until three certain somebodies decided to trash the feeling away for good.

This circled the mind of Baron Von Sheldgoose, as he rested a hand on his cheek, who was currently riding on his monstrous pet monster, Leopold. Anger and frustration had filled the former president's mind, thinking just how those three no good lowlifes were able to defeat the all mighty Felldrake.

But right now? He was just bored. They had been flying for what seemed like ages now. It didn't look like they were going to land anytime soon, seeing as the area had suddenly become a bit more foggier than usual.

"How much longer is this going to take?" Sheldgoose huffed in agitation, "I thought you said you knew 'a friend!'"

In turn, Sheldgoose's eyes suddenly shun a bright purple color, the once staffed Felldrake taking over the shared body.

"Moron! It's only been 3 hours since we left the institute!" They looked around the area, Felldrake (in Sheldgoose's body) formed a wide grin on his face. "Besides, I can already see our destination just below us." He pointed a finger below where they were currently flying. Sheldgoose however, only saw fog.

"I hate to be the one saying this, but it's just fog.."

"Ugh, look closer!" Felldrake raised one of Sheldgoose's arms, using a bit of magic to clear the fog. It revealed a small cave, with a very tiny opening. It was placed on top of a small mountain, isolated from civilization. Leopold soon landed near the entrance, Sheldgoose stepping off to take a closer look inside. It was dark, the only sound being the water droplets coming from the inside.

"Yeesh...couldn't you have picked a less spookier place?" Sheldgoose turned away before he was forcefully turned back around.

"Oh quit being such the scaredy cat! This cave may be small, but there's  a massive ton of power hidden inside." He began to explain, "You see Sheldgoose, there are other sorcerers out there. Not as great and powerful as me of course. They come from a place where no kind of magic is performed at all. In fact, it's forbidden altogether."

"NO magic?!" The man shrieked, "What kind of idiocracy is this?"

"I'm not done, moron!" Felldrake hissed, "Since magic isn't exactly a common practice in their city, they meet up here, seeking only one thing: power."

As he continued explaining this group of sorcerers, Sheldgoose and Felldrake began walking inside the cave, having advised Leopold to stay outside in case anything or anyone was around.

"They're known as The Society of the Tormented. A group of magic making mammals founded thousands of years ago. Legend says that they maintain a long life span due to their leader, an alchemist who created a potion to maintain rejuvenation. This society has 6 members. Excluding the alchemist, the other 5 hold elemental kind of magic that they inherited from their ancestors.

"How do you know all this?" Sheldgoose raised a brow, the only source of light he was currently following was coming from his now controlled hand. Felldrake couldn't help but chuckle at his question.

"That's because it is thanks to me that they even have magic."

"YOU? You don't seem like the type to share magic, my lord." Sheldgoose scoffed.

"I didn't share my magic with them, fool!" He retorted, "They were mere mortals once, like yourself. They were hungry for power, which is why I gave them an offer they simply couldn't refuse..."

"And that is?..." Before his question could be answered, Sheldgoose felt his body come to a complete stop, spotting two small openings to choose from. The left side had no light, but the right side however, was emitting some kind of light, in various colors one after another. From green to blue and even black, a low humming noise could also be heard as these colors continued to flicker continuously.

"Now, please tell me you have the pieces of the staff." Felldrake asked, as Sheldgoose reached for one of his pockets. He took out the two pieces of the once magical staff. He had easily broken it in half when the three caballeros were trying to seal him back in there. Sheldgoose gripped the pieces tightly, hoping that this society is able to accomplish what even he couldn't do. He frowned as he felt himself walk towards the right entrance, the low humming becoming louder and louder. The two felt a stronger force, a magical one even. This kind of magic was one that Sheldgoose had never felt before, but for some reason, it felt...powerful.

"It's not the best option right now, but it's better than sharing his hideous body with you." Felldrake sneered, looking down at the staff,  "The caballeros will be begging for mercy when they see what I have in store for them..."