Chapter 2: The Rise and Fall of the Three Caballeros?

Even though the little cabana no longer served as a home for the three Caballeros, Xandra decided to stick around every once in a while, mainly to guard and protect the many treasures hidden within the huge basement in the bottom. The goddess of adventure, despite her title, needed a break, especially after their battle with Felldrake.

Xandra was currently sitting on a couch, her book laid out in front of her. It had begun to react in a manner that was unfamiliar to her. Whatever it was, it did not look good.

Xandra! Whats going on? The sound of footsteps approached fast, the front door swinging open. All three of the caballeros bolted inside, Jose having been the one to ask the question.

Im so glad you boys are here. Xandra nodded, I need you three to look at this. She picked up the book from her lap, laying it out on the table in front of her. Donald, Panchito, and Jose each sat in a corner of the small table, all eyeing the current pages laid out in front of them.

Hmm.. I dont see anything wrong. Panchito raised a brow, The map looks pretty normal to me

Yeah Donald agreed.

Jose was about to blindly agree with the latter when his eyes suddenly landed on the bottom right corner of the second page.

Wait a minute, my friends. Do you see that? He pointed to the part in the corner. A small glimmer began surrounding that little corner, shining brightly. The light began emitting some smoke, flashing in three different colors. Red, blue and green respectively.

What do you think it means? Donald looked over at Xandra, who looked just as confused as he.

Im not really sure Ive never seen the book do that before today. Maybe its a sign? The goddess suggested. As the group thought for a moment, the smoke soon began to grow in size, rising up from the book into the open world.

What is it doing?! Donald exclaimed as the cloud began to get bigger.

This could be dangerous Xandra proceeded to pull out her bow and arrows, her favorite weapon of choice.

The three caballeros all stood up, getting into a fighting stance.

Get ready, amigos. Panchito glared at the cloud. For a moment, the cloud of smoke simply floated there, no longer growing in size. However, what came next shocked everyone.

It ran. Or..it just floated around the cabana in a quick manner.

Hold it right there! Xandra began shooting arrows towards the cloud. The three caballeros immediately began to chase after it around the house, the cloud moving a bit too quickly.

Get back here, you! Donald angrily exclaimed, jumping towards the cloud. However, it moved quickly enough for the duck to fall face flat on the ground.

Ow He groaned.

Meanwhile, Jose and Panchito decided to split up, thinking that perhaps cornering this mysterious cloud would make it stop.

Okay! Lead it towards the bookshelf! Jose instructed as he hid behind the couch.

Got it! Panchito grinned as he pulled out his lasso. The plan was to throw it at the cloud to hold it in one place. As the rooster continued giving chase, Jose crept towards the large bookshelf, beginning to stack some books so he could climb them. The cloud soon approached the bookshelf, Panchito still right behind him.

Ya te tengo! He smirked as he began twirling his rope around, all it took was one shot, and he usually never missed. At the perfect moment, Jose made it to the top, the cloud suddenly stopping in front of him.