birthday babyyyy

this song is by an AMAZING band, but it also encapsulates how i feel about you pretty well (this is a stripped version but lmk if you want the original version)

ANNOYANCES-

hi baby i love love love you

so it's your birthday,,, another year closer to death!

i don't think i've written a full-blown birthday essay. in the past, it's kind of just been short n cute birthday paragraphs, but just bear with me here. if it's bad, peas forgive me.

just a quick notif: i have revised & edited this a bunch, and i can confirm that there is NO romanticization whatsoeverrrrrr. everything here is 100% true (:

 everything here is 100% true (:

okay lettuce begin (:

ok so typically i'd also start with a brief history of our friendship. we met july 4, 2017. you were talking about dicks, and jesus, and jesus's dick, and your dick—which i think is a pretty accurate representation of how your personality was. no shade, lmao. maybe a little shade.

you kind of summed up the beginnings of our friendship. i never really thought it would escalate past the occasional "hello" and "omg ily" (it has escalated MUCH further than that). um, we entered into a convoluted friend group, where we kind of got closer (??), but stuff happened and we don't talk about the period of our relationship from august 2017 to june 2018. our relationship definitely had its ups and downs over the past two years, but i think it's made us stronger + i feel closer to you than ever before.

but all in all, you....are great? perfect? wondrous? insert many, many positive superlatives. you honestly feel like home to me. i've never met a person who makes me feel so much at ease and happy. you're one of the very few people who don't make me feel like i need to consciously pick and choose what i have to say, or create a half-true persona when i'm around them.

you're insanely smart. i have so much respect for the effort that you put into your school, your work, your writing. you constantly say that i put my all into what i do, but you work your ass just as hard. your future will be amazing—whatever you do, i know it will be, because you're so insanely determined and resourceful. you're gonna accomplish absolutely anything you want to. you're supportive, and funny, and caring towards the people that you love. you look out for me, and i honestly can't tell you how much it means to me when you check in on how i'm doing.

i know your friends have said some shit about you, but none of it is true. if anyone thinks it is, then they're just not as fortunate to know you as well as i do. i'd like to think i know you inside out (i'm lucky that i do), and you know what? i think you're a damn amazing girl. i've never met someone as beautiful, strong, and willful as you. i'm in awe of everything you do. thank god i have you in my life, because you have no idea how happy you've made me.