❌ Chapter 1 : A Blessing In The Worst Disguise

𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 : 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵
⇣ 𝘚𝘬𝘪𝘱 ⇣  𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺
-'ˏ 🧯 ˎ'-

たすけて!

たすけてください!

Help!

あああ!

Help us!

たすけが、ひつようです!!!
たすけてください!

たすけて!

あああああ!!!

Please! Help!!!
PLEASE!

HELP US!
ʜᴇʟᴘ!!! たすけて! ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ! たすけてください!!!

HELP US!ʜᴇʟᴘ!!! たすけて! ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ! たすけてください!!!

Fire.

The entire surrounding area burned in a sea of red, yellow and orange, and the cries of the people echoed into the afternoon dusk. I watched dazed as the flames ripped their way through the Musutafu office building, tendrils of smoke reaching desperately into the sky trying to escape the blazing inferno below.

Wincing, I got up from the harsh broken tarmac, the dust and rubble sticking to my palms, tiny cuts lacing my fingers in blood and glass.

Red hot licking flames engulfed everything and anything it touched, vertigo and pure heat making it almost unbearable to stand.

I had to...
had to stand.

"Mum?" I stumbled back on myself covering my face as a wave of embers suffocated me, the heat consuming and overwhelming.

"Mum?!"

Now facing the building, I peered into the crater on the second floor exposing the office's innards to the setting sun. Directly ahead of me, the entrance doors were now replaced with nothing but a concrete mouth gasping for any air that wasn't billowing smoke while throwing up office workers heaving for the new night's air.

The elevator a few metres over continuously opened and closed, jammed by a sparking office strip light that had fallen from the ceiling; the wires had snapped from the heat and it laid smashed and broken, glass shards trying to comfort the long bulb exposed to the fire.