Chapter 2

The Cullen House

Alice sighed as Edward left to drive Bella home. The party had gone downhill very quickly, she was irritated that she hadn't seen it coming. Admittedly she doesn't keep that close an eye on Bella, she and her family had never approved of Edward pursuing someone who was not his mate. She knew it was partially her fault she had a vision of Edwards true mate but they were never clear she could only ever see a fuzzy white silhouette.

As she walked back into the house the first thing she saw was her families expressions. Rosalie stood looking out the window fuming over Edwards constant pushing to bring the human girl into their lives. Emmett and Esme were suffering the guilt of their reactions to the blood spilt. While Carlisle was speaking with Jasper about his slight relapse. Jasper looks up as his wife enters the room.

"I'm sorry." He sighs.

"It happens, you can't blame yourself Jaz." Alice sits and puts her arm around him comfortingly.

"Alice is right, Jasper," Esme agreed. "We all know you have no intention of hurting anyone."

"She should not have been here in the first place, she is not his mate why do we allow him to continue down this path, it is dangerous." Rosalie stated.

"Rose-"

"No Carlisle! I understand that he wants his partner but she is not it. I will not accept her as she is not my brothers mate. She is his blood singer it could not be more foolish." The blonde ranted. Emmett rushed to her trying to abate her anger.

"Rosalie, we share your concerns, but this is Edwards choice. We haven't found or met anyone who could be his mate. He has chosen to settle, it's rare but not uncommon. Bella is nice enough, we must support Edward." Carlisle tried to explain.

"We should be putting more effort into finding her, the way we have been going isn't fair to him. Why should we give up before we've even tried?" Rosalie countered.

As soon as the words left her mouth Rosalie wished she could take them back. They all knew how hard Alice had worked trying to find Edwards mate, but the visions were always blurry the only thing she could see was a white silhouette but her brother always looked so happy in them. None of them could make sense of them.

The psychic looked at her sister, shock masked her feature. Why is she bringing this up? "Rosalie-"

"I'm sorry Alice. But we all just want him to be happy." The blonde responded eyes cast down.

"You know Alice has been looking, Rosalie," Japer glowered, squaring up to his pseudo twin. His own issued forgotten as the need to protect his wife appeared.

"Why don't we all calm down, I'm sure things will be better on Monday." Esme intervenes before things could escalate. The Cullen children all disperse going their own way to mull over what had happened. Leaving Carlisle to wrap his arm around Esme's waist while they worry for their children.

When Edward came home he went straight to his room with a sigh, he had given up hope for his mate and yet he could not bring himself to be happy with Bella she just wasn't quite right.

A/N so in this world a vampire mate is much more like a werewolf imprint in that it's more of a love at first sight instantly knowing kind of thing. Alice has been having visions of Ellie for years but because she's not technically human the visions are fuzzy and off, the only thing Alice could truly see was that Edward couldn't read his mates mind which is how the whole Bella mistake happened but ultimately they all knew she wasn't his mate and the Cullens never particularly liked her they just put up with her for Edward.