chapter 18

ethans pov:

i watched her walk in and go to her locker as she twisted the lock back and forth to the right numbers. i didn't realize i was staring until i saw a hand wave in front of my face. "e? you good bro?" grayson said chuckling as he stepped in front of me blocking my view of zendaya. "yeah, perfect." i said, "uh, okay- you're obsessed e." he said laughing again. i punched the side of his arm "shut up." i said smiling, he just raised his eyebrows and grinned walking away slowly.

i rolled my eyes watching gray walk down the hallway and looked to dayas locker again seeing she wasn't there anymore i headed to chemistry. i walked in seeing bree standing in front of zendaya as her fists slightly clenched. bree was scolding her for probably a shit reason. i quickly walked to them pulling daya away from what could start to be a fight. she took a few deep breaths to calm herself down as we sat in our seats. "what happened?" i asked her. "nothing just bree being bree, aka the biggest bitch whore." daya said making me laugh.

i looked down to see she was wearing my hoodie. "look who's wearing my hoodie..." i said to her, she looked down at the hoodie and back to me as her face lightly flushed pink. "it looks better on you anyways." i said feeling confident all the sudden. she smiled as the bell rang and turned to the front of the class watching and listening to the teacher. i put my elbow on my desk with my head laying on my hand just watching her intently listen to the teacher. while she scribbled notes down for the majority of the class period.

the day dragged on and it was almost lunch, i sat in the back of my history class waiting for the bell to ring until it finally did. i stood up swung my backpack over my shoulders and walked to our new table that we sat at with daya's group of friends. i looked around to see that it was just zendaya sitting grabbing her lunch out of her bag. i walked faster so i could sit next to her before anyone else took the opportunity. i sat down and looked over to her as she turned to me, "hey!" she said, "hi daya." i said, "do you have anything going on later today?" i asked her hoping she would say no. "actually, its GAME DAY!" she said yelling game day, "are you coming?" she asked quickly, "yeah, of course." i said, "but only to watch you." i admitted. she playfully shoved me, "stop ethan!" she said giggling.

"what are you two laughing about." gray said walking up to the table, "nothing." me and daya say at the same time as grayson looks back and forth between us and sits down. we waited until the others came and started to eat lunch and talk to each other. "hey, are you guys going to the party this friday?" noah asked everyone, jack nodded his head and everyone responded yes. except daya and me, the thought of partying sounded useless to me now. i'd rather spend my time doing more important things. i looked over to daya realizing why she didn't say yes, because of the last party. she looked down playing with her hands distracting herself from the thoughts of the last party.

i grabbed her hand gently and rubbed my thumb on the back of her hand. she kept her gaze down but i saw her small smile and flushed cheeks.

zendayas pov:

the bell for school to end rang loudly and i hopped out of my seat leaving the classroom before it got too crowded in the hallways. i needed to get to the locker rooms to change for our soccer game, as i was walking fast someone shoved their shoulder right into me and tripped me so i fell hard on the tile. wincing i felt a sharp pain in the same wrist that was injured awhile ago.

glaring i looked up to see the one and only bree. of course it was her, who else? she just laughed at me as i stood up fast feeling pain shoot up my wrist as i pushed myself up off the ground. "what the hell!" i yelled at her, "what?" she said twirling her hair with a smirk on her face. "why can't you just leave me alone!?" i said angrily. "you know why..." she said with a scowl on her face. "are you serious this is all because of ethan?" i said, she nodded her head yes. "well sorry i'm not gonna do what you say," i told her as her face became angrier than before. "i swear to god you better leave me the hell alone bree." i said with lots of seriousness.

"whatever, watch your back bitch." she spitted and walked away in her heels clicking down the hallway as people stared at me. i didn't even realize we made that big of a scene. i just shrugged it off and walked to the locker rooms. I put my stuff in the locker and slammed it shut still mad at bree. "woah! z!" kate shouted while walking up to me, "what the hell happened to your wrist?" she said glancing at it, i looked down to see my wrist swollen and purple, i had injured it worse than before from bree shoving me down. i took a deep breath and turned to kate, "the bitch shoved me in the hallway." i said plainly while trying to put my cleats on.

taking deep breaths in i ripped off my halfway on cleat throwing it against the locker making a loud noise. cupping my hands over my face i leaned down trying to calm myself down, i felt myself starting to break down from stress at home and now all this my wrist throbbed with pain making small chokes of sobbing come out of my mouth. as kate tried to comfort me sitting down, i was so fed up with all this stupid shit that kept happening to me and it was also that time of the month. my sobs became a little louder as i tried to breathe in i couldn't, i was really having a panic attack? right now, ugh... i tried taking deep breaths in not helping at all as late began to worry. "z? are you okay!?" she asked grabbing my hands from my face as i just shook my head no. my breathing became so ragged and shaky it felt like i was about to pass out.

"z! oh my god, what do i do!?" kate began to panic, as i continued to shake slightly, she tried instructing me to take deeper breaths along with hers but it wasn't working. i tried to think of how to slow it down and the first thing that came to mind was ethan. i know it sounds stupid but he had helped me so much with my last panic attack. "e" i tried to say through my breathing as my vision started to become darker, "ethan." i chokes out still crying as tears streamed down my face. kate nodded her head and grabbed my phone calling ethan, too afraid to leave my side. "hey daya," he answered sweetly on the 2nd ring, but quickly began asking questions hearing the crying and breathing, as i started to feel worse by the minute. "come to the girls locker room now." kate said very quickly and hung up.