Untitled Part 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha or any of the characters of the anime. I do not own the song 'Walking with the Wounded', that belongs to Third Eye Blind, from the Album 'Blue'. So please don't sue me, I only own my compy and it's not worth anything...but sentimental value!

A/N: Okay here's a one-shot songfic. This is AU and is to Third Eye Blind's 'Walking with the Wounded'. If you're a Kouga lover...you might not like this one, but I hope you'll still read and hell, you can flame me if you want.

Inu Yasha peeked out from behind the curtain, searching the crowd for the one person he needed to see here. After a couple of minutes scanning the throng of people in the club, he spotted her sitting at the bar. He stepped away from the curtain, going to rejoin his bandmates and let them know that Kagome had shown.

Sango looked up from tuning her bass. "Well? Is she here?"

A small sad smile played across Inu Yasha's lips. "Yeah, she's here. She's sitting at the bar."

"We're gonna have to thank Sessh for getting Kouga out of town." Came Miroku's voice from behind him. "We never would have gotten her here without his help."

"Yeah." He looked around. "Uh...where's Shippou?"

"I had to use the little foxes room..." He looked up at the older youkai. "There a problem with that?"

"Keh."

"Hey, Inu Yasha, you guys are up." A petite girl, with brown hair and eyes, said from the doorway. "You have 5 minutes, to get out there."

"Thanks, Rin. We'll be right there."

* * * *

"Okay, everyone. Here's one of our favourites, Kaze!"

Inu Yasha, Sango, Miroku and Shippou all walked for the left of the stage, assaulted by the roar of applause and cheers. Myoujou was one of the best clubs in the city. The place was always packed and when they played here, it seemed as if people were hanging from the rafters. Inu Yasha walked up to the microphone, picking up the cord from the amp and plugging in his guitar, while Sango and Miroku plugged theirs in also. Shippou hopped up onto the platform adjusted the drums (is it me, or does everyone make Shippou the drummer) to his liking and got comfortable.

"Thanks, everyone." Inu Yasha near yelled into the microphone, just to be heard. The noise subsided to a low hum. "Our first song tonight is dedicated to a friend of ours who's here tonight. We just want her to know... we miss her."

Miroku started to play, Shippou coming in on drums soon after him. Inu Yasha looked around quickly spotting Kagome.

"The guy who put his hands on youHas got nothing to do with meAnd the bruises that you feel will healAnd I hope you'll come around'Cuz we're missing you"

The last time they had seen her she flinched away from even the simplest of movements. The bruises she poorly tried to hide were the least of their concerns. She was their mascot and cheerleader when they had been just another high school rock band.