Assistant Job

Katara's pov

"Okay, so instead of you actually giving me a job as a police officer, your sticking me with a detective for 'learning experience', cmon dad if your scared just tell me your scared"I huff.

 "Oh come on kitty, your my one and only sweetie poo, my precious girl, I don't want you out on the street, especially here! They hate cops here hun"he says.

 "Dad I'm not a little kid anymore! I made it through the academy, I passed all my exams, the only reason I'm not in the police department is because your the chief!"I say. 

"Honey, please, just spend a few months with Detective styles and if he says your ready, I will put you in, I promise"he says putting his hand on his heart.

 I huff, and roll my eyes. 

"Fine. So where is he anyway"I ask.

 Suddenly a man with long hair up in a bun barged into the room. He was wearing a black shirt and tight blue jeans, his gun holster was under his arms rather than on his belt. He was also wearing sunglasses, carrying a bottle of water and a cup of coffee. He stumbles a bit before standing straight. 

"You wanted to see me chief?"he hics in a British accent.

 "Yeah, about the assistant I assigned you"My dad says. 

"Assistant!?"I say.

 "Assistant?"the man asks. 

"Kitty, meet Harry Styles"my dad says.

 I huff and stand to greet him. He holds his hand out.

 "Harry"he says.

 "I'm Katara, you're late"I say, shaking it. 

"So? I'm also hungover, but I'm here"he says taking his sunglasses off. 

I turn to my dad. 

"Your joking right?"I ask.

 "He's the best in the place"my dad shrugs.

 "And I'm also, your new boss I'm guessing?"he smirks.

 I purse my lips in annoyance. 

"How bout a refill, doll"he winks, holding his coffee cup towards me.

 I look back at my dad. He signals to the coffee cup. I groan and take the cup.

 "There's a good girl! Black, 2 sugars"he smiles. I turn to my dad.

 "I will get you back"i point at my father.

I walk out to the coffee machine in the break room where my brother was sleeping with his feet up. I pick up the book he was reading as the coffee pot began to heat up. I hold it high above my head and then let it fall on the table, jerking him out of sleep. He looks up at me and smiles. 

"So how'd it go?"he asks bouncing his eyebrows at me. 

"He made me a fucking assistant"i say folding my arms.

"Oh ouch, to whom?"he asks.

"Some stupid drunk detective Harry something"i say with an attitude.

"You got assigned to Styles?!"he chuckles. 

"Yes"i say noticing the coffee had finished.

"Oh my god, good luck with that"he laughs as he stands. 

"Where are you going?"i ask.

"I've gotta case! Someone is litlerally nailing poor lads to the subway walls"he says walking out of the room.