Chapter 36

Kagekao at first was scared seeing how Claire might have actually been convinced by the boys words.

Scared. Him, out of all people. Ironic wasn't it?

Heavens, the girl sure did wonders upon him if he actually felt fear of losing her.

Kagekao, seeing the girls reaction and answer towards Adam, felt complete and utter relief. Yet he did wish his female was the type to remain silent sometimes; because as much as he loved hearing such determined words and her declaration of love for him, it surely wasn't wise to say such a thing now, knowing that that would only instigate Adam's anger.

And to Kagekao's utter fear, the brown haired male had thrown Claire to the ground in furry, as the female let out a yelp and grunt of pain as she hit the hard grassy ground. Kagekao could still not charge though. The disgusting creature still held the gun, if not tightly now, and could easily fire at the girl if care was not taken. 

<<You're wrong! You can't live a life with HIM! I won't allow you! You belong to me, and me ONLY! What could he possibly offer you? Huh Claire?>> Adam said pacing back and forward as his grip on the gun seemed to tighten even more if that was even possible. It was so tight his knuckles were white, and seemed like he would break it anytime soon. The male began to yell at Claire, about how she was ruining all his 'hard work'.  About how he had to plan everything with care and patients only so that they could be together once again. 

<<C'mon Claire. Don't let Matt's work to be thrown in the garbage. He had to work hard too ya know?>>. At this Claire was confused. But the blank spaces were soon filled. <<Oh Claire, sure I did do the major work, but Matt had to gather information for me. Especially with that new guy you have been hanging out with for far too long. >> He said as he twirled the gun in his hands.<<And I finally got to understand who he really was when Matt sent me that video of when the both of you were 'happily' dancing and chasing each other at a clearing one night. Not to mention the many times when he was leaving you house without his mask...>>

And that's when Claire's heat seem to come to a stop.

<<Either way..>>

The weapon was now pointed towards tKagekao, who was still as stone, but observing his body language, he didn't seem bothered by it. Not like that made the girl feel any better.

<<YOU.>> Adam said, now addressing the demon before him.<<What have you done to my Kitty huh? Under what kind of spell have you placed her upon? Or perhaps you caged her somewhere to forcefully fall for you?>> The boy asked, yelling.

<<I can assure you it's nothing of such sort. I simply have more brain and charm than you. That's why she preferred a demon like me rather than a disgusting, pathetic, human like you.>>. Kagekao said, with a massive, evil grin that spread across his mask,  words filled with venom and mischievousness. 

But that only lead to a gun shot.

<<NO!!!>> Claire screamed as she saw dark, pitch black blood, ooze from Kagekao's shoulder. But that did not make him falter. Not one bit. In fact, he was still standing, his demeanor changing from eerily playful to pure rage. 

<<嫌な人間! あえて?!(Disgusting human, how dare you?!) >> The demon shouted as he was about to pounce, but once the gun was pointed towards Claire, he stopped. Again.

<<Ah, ah ,ah. You know what happens if you make a wrong move.>> The boy said mockingly.

He soon proceeded to make his way towards the girl that was still on the ground. He then flung himself at her, pinning her to the ground.

<<Watch demon. Watch me take what's rightfully mine, while you can't even do a single thing to stop me.>> With that said, Kagekao's expression immediately changed into one of pure fear.

The demon watched in horror as Adam began to kiss and lick Claire's neck, only leading to him finally placing his lips atop the one's of the female. Kagekao had felt anger many times in his life; yet, he had never felt more rage than what he felt now. His mask began to rot, his claws became longer and his demeanor morphing into one of a beast as guttural growl left his lips, passing through his razor sharp teeth.

But.; he still did not charge. As much as he would love to rip the guts of the human that was on top of Claire, and rip out their spine, he could not risk her safety. But he did know he had to move quickly, and save the girl he loved the most.

Adam instead, had began to move his hands across Claire's body, no longer pinning her hands. His hands made their way down her body, up her thighs, gripping unto them fiercely, making the girl to let out a gasp as the only thing she wanted to do in that moment was to scream and fling the retched male off her.

<<Didn't I make myself clear through the text Claire?>>

Claire, gritted her teeth but she forced herself to open her eyes and look at Adam, as a sign of him to explain himself. <<Ya know..the text you received before coming to my aid. The first anonymous text you have received after months, and after your encounter with Matt.>>

The poor girl was still confused at first, but not for long; for the words of Adam soon made sense to her.

Her phone giving away the sound of a new notification she had just received, was pulled out of her pocket as she looked at the screen.
It was an odd text and the number was not saved.

<<Game Over.>>

The text read.

Assuming it was a mistake, she deleted the message and tucked her phone back into her pocket.

Claire couldn't believe the extreme levels, the boy went through just to torment her and make her life miserable. Or at least, that's not what his sick mind thought. 

<<Game over babe..you're mine..>>

Claire did NOT want to lay there and do nothing. This was her life for God sake. And like HELL she was going to let it get ruined by a spoiled, sick and crazed boy, who only thought for himself. But that's when Claire's mind clicked. His hands were no longer pinning her hands. But most importantly...he was no longer holding unto the gun.

The gun.

Where was it?

She looked at the demon who was under pressure trying hard not to react just for her safety, but certainly under mental stress trying to find a way to save her. The female then, gave him a stern look, filled with determination, the demon not understanding such a look, felt his enraged demeanor soon turned into shock as he saw Claire grab unto Adam's face, planting  her lips against his. The boy of course was shocked by such action, coming from her, but he didn't complain and melted almost immediately into the kiss. Claire's right hand, gently placed itself on his left cheek, while her left hand began to feel the ground for a particular lost object.

Kagekao on the other hand was feeling nothing but pain in his chest. He couldn't believe his eyes. She was purposely kissing the human male. 

The demon watched in disgust, sorrow and pain, as their lips were moving in sync, and how their current activity was soon turning heated. He could feel the previous rage withing him starting to creep back up the pit of his stomach twice as hard, but was soon extinguished as Adam was brutally hit in the head, Claire tossing him aside and quickly getting up; gun in hand.

Staring at the female, who spat at the ground, definitely disgusted by the shared kiss with Adam, Kagekao knew that he must have fallen even harder for the girl.