last year of high school

(all your pov)

I woke up to my alarm, slowly raising my hand to my night stand turning it off. I rubbed my eyes followed by a long soothing stretch, i rolled out off bed walking into my bathroom taking a shower getting ready for the last year of high school. BZZ BZZ my phone rings just as i was putting on my ______ shoes, i looked at my phone to see that it was just a text from Malachi my boy best friend, me and him have been friends since the 4th grade.

Bestie: Soooooo excited for our last year of school :p and a little birdy told me we have all classes together!!!!!!

me: yay can't wait to goof off with your crackhead :pp leaving the house rk

Bestie: okkkk

Right as i sent that text i was walking past my dad that was nocked out on our sofa, as i was careful where i was stepping to not wake him up i walked out locking the door. I arrived at school watching Malachi getting in trouble already, this is going to be a fun year i thought to myself as Malachi made his way to me while mimicking the teacher. "jeez girl this teachers be on sum" he said while giving me a hug. "No joke!!" i replied "and omg!! we need to go shopping you need new cloths!!!!" Malachi gasped in horror looking me up and down, all i did was roll my eyes because unlike him i don't have the will or energy to pretty myself up to have boys notice me. "Malachi you already know i haven't grown since the 5th grade so i don't need to go shopping for new cloths when the ones i have still fit" he nudged me rolling his eyes " but (y/n) you need to catch up with the fashion, and no joke your like really pretty and could tottalyyy pull off a bad bitch look." he said this with a serous look in his eyes and he was right i needed to stop wearing my 5th grade cloths. "ugh fine ill go shopping just after like the first month of school" Malachi gave me a look saying 'why so long' but changed it in a blink of an eye when i gave him the 'my dad is still drinking' look.

The day went by fast with nothing much to do but turning our schedules. I got home to see my dad on the sofa drinking. "How was school' he asked followed by a low scowl, "it was good" i said wanting to hurry to my room before things escalated "why don't you come over here and join your old man?" he said patting the seat next to him. Great just great i thought slowly walking over and sitting next to him. For the next five minutes it was quiet only hearing the show on tv. After a while the silence was broken by me asking what he wanted for dinner 'how about steak and smash potatoes we can make it together" my dad said catching me by surprise because he only wants to do things like this when he HAS NOT been drinking, the thing is he had a beer bottle in his hands. "Sure yea" i said as i watched him pick up the bottles putting them in a bag, at that moment i realized that he wasn't drunk the night before he was just sleeping on the sofa from a late night snack and watching tv, and the bottles all over were from the week i spent at Malachi's before school. We both went to the kitchen and put on some music, and started making dinner threw out the making of dinner we joked we laughed and we danced to the latest on the radio. At the end it was the best night i had and i have to thank the classes his been going to for his drinking.