Chapter 8: Ike vs Lucina

Lucina was in the training facility in Marth's castle, going to work on a training dummy with her blade, Falchion. She felt honored that her and her father, Chrom, were asked to help defend the kingdom in the middle of Altea's crisis. She eventually finished the dummy off, slicing it in two.
"Fighting a dummy is nice, in some circumstances. But sometimes, you need an opponent who fights back," a low voice said, just as she was sheathing her sword. Lucina turned around to see Ike: the Radiant Hero of Legend. With him, was his sword, Ragnell, a large two-edged sword, with an almost golden blade. While most men used a blade like this with two hands, Ike only needed one. The blade rested on Ike's shoulder.
"What are you saying?"Lucina asked, not sure what he was implying.
"I'm suggesting that we spar," Ike said, with the same low, confident, tone.
"Well then, I accept the challenge at hand," Lucina said, unsheathing Falchion. Ike took the blade off his shoulder and got into position. He looked quietly.
"Your move," Ike said, with the same tone. Lucina felt almost an anger inside of her.Was he trying to intimidate her? Whatever he was doing, it wasn't going to work. She charged at Ike and began to swing wildly at her opponent. Ike was able to block all of Lucina's attacks. Amidst her wild swings, he grabbed her arm, spun her around, then awkwardly held Lucina close.
"You're swinging too wildly. Something like that could leave you open to get hit," Ike said calmly.
"Don't swing wildly. Right," Lucina said awkwardly, feeling herself blush. She leaped back and readied Falchion again.
"My turn. HAH!" Ike yelled, starting to charge. Lucina decided to give herself a chance and charged back. The two's blades met, making sparks and almost pushing the two fighters back. Lucina continued to be on the offensive, using quick slashes to keep Ike on his toes. Just as she felt an opening an Ike's defenses, Ike countered, and sent Lucina to her back, causing her to lose her sword. Ike jumped up, looking to end it In desperation, Lucina, scrambled for Falchion, which wasn't very far. Lucina barely got her sword up, as Ragnell and Falchion clashes, causing sparks to fly. Lucina knew that trying to outmuscle Ike was pointless. She'd have to get off her back another way. As fast as she could, she rolled backwards, got back on her feet and made a leaping strike toward Ike. The Radiant Hero of Legend was able to easily block. Using his strength, he forced Lucina away with Ragnell. Lucina hit the ground, Falchion following , this time out of Lucina's reach. Seeing he was victorious, Ike walked over to Lucina. Lucina was surprised to see the young man offer her a hand up.
"That was great. Your skills are... remarkable," Ike said.
"Thanks... you were great too," Lucina replied, feeling her cheeks blush worse than before.
"You're still too predictable."
"What? Excuse me?"
"You leave yourself way too open to a counter. It's fine if you're in a spar, but in a real fight, you may not be so lucky...," Ike explained.
"Oh..."
"So, tomorrow?"
"Um, yes! Sure!" Lucina said. Ike nodded, and after slinging Ragnell on hi shoulder, left the training facility. Once he left, Lucina felt her cheeks burning. She wasn't sure what to make out of Ike now, but she was sure that she would definitely be ready.