nakajima atsushi

the thief.

The cold breeze blew the silverette's hair, his crystal eyes hue of purple and yellow glowed intensely through the dark. He stared to the view of the large city from the roof of a museum he is standing in. It was beautiful. The lights that colored half of the city with white droplets. But no matter how beautiful it is, not even a hint of fascination is evident on his face. And not even a single piece of diamond can bring the boy's bright smile back.

He closed his eyes, recollection of events of what happened earlier rushed through his mind.

"Listen, Atsushi-kun, letters are important to give to the detectives. It adds up to the fun, you know?" His senior, Dazai Osamu, have said writing a letter with a neat cursive and has been decorated with glitters and various colors papers, "Ah! The expression they made is amusing to see, too! So it's best not to leave after you gave the card~"

Atsushi just gave him a wary smile and stared at the plain white paper he is holding. How should he do this? Dazai instructs him to write where, when and what he will steal but he does not really know what he will write. Scratching his head, he decided to take a peek to what his dear senior is writing, but he is just in the greeting when it was blocked by a hand.

"Eh! No copying!" He pouted.

"I am not trying to copy, though..." Atsushi heaved out a sigh and went back to his paper. Defeated, he get his coat and bag, the paper on his hand, the other is now turning the doorknob.

"I'll be going out for a sec!"

"Come home early!"

--

Tapping the pen on the wooden table, Atsushi still haven't grasped the words he wanted to write. Should he be direct to the point or should he write it more poetic? And it's too plain! Should he add some glitters, too? Groaning, he took a sip from the coffee he just ordered. His eyes closed as he savor the taste of the hot fluid on his mouth. Delicious. He should buy coffee more often.

He was about to go back to writing when something- no, someone caught his eyes. A tall, thin figure in a dark coat, a familiar structure he always knew. He's here, eh? What a coincidence. Yet, Atsushi can not focus at all, his pen can break any moment from his tight grip as 'the' Detective Akutagawa has walked passed his table.

Breathe, Atsushi. Why are you so nervous for?

Or is it really nervousness?

"Akutagawa-san! Welcome back! The usual?"

"If you may,"

As if magically, his hands started to move. Just by hearing a three words coming from the detective's lips and barely getting a glimpse of him, the words just came out from tint of the pen. Like it was a box that was triggered open and the contents have came pouring down his paper.

Perfect.

It's already perfect.

"A paper? Whose this from?"

"I don't know. It was left at the table and was addressed to you, Akutagawa-san..."

"This-!"

The bell chimed from the glass door closing. With his hands on his pocket, Atsushi walked home with his thoughts still connected to the man. What shall he do later?

"You're really here,"

A deep voice disturbed the little thief from his reverie. Turning his head, he saw the familiar young man, he have his usual tired and serious expression. In his hand, was a beautiful box decorated with gold.

"I never lie." Atsushi smiled and walked three steps closer, "I see you have brought what I have asked you,"

The detective raised the hand that was helding the beautiful box, "the most precious diamond, right? It's right here."

"Yeah, I can see the diamonds so beautifully." The thief said and met his crystal eyes, "it is a beautiful pair."

Akutagawa's brows furrowed, confused to what he was saying. This was evident to the silverette, making him laugh a little. He still doesn't get it, does he? In a split of second, he was already in front of the man, his gloved hands cupping his face and staring intently right through him.

"Beautiful," he muttered, "if only it sparkles then it will be a masterpiece."

---