ONE

CHAPTER ONE.
A WOMAN FIT OF BEING A SNAKE

THE ROOM WAS COLD AND STILL. As she laid in her bed, a pair of emerald orbs glancing at the ceiling. It had been her roof since the last two years. After living in solitary for so long, she was used to the silence. Other than her work out routine, occasional entertaining books, and a certain someone who would visit her frequently, there were not much she could do. Usually it was just her and herself, so quiet that she could almost hear her own heartbeat.

​As horrible as it sounds, it was still better than being floated to the space. It was actually very peaceful, they would bring her food, clothes, and whatever she needed and all she had to do was sit still and look pretty.

​When she was caught, she was really afraid. She knew as hell she was over eighteen and pratically an adult, and what they would do to punish people like her. However, now that she found a way to make sure she didn't get that punishment which was always a death sentence, and being imprisoned in Skybox instead, she couldn't help but realise that it wasn't really different from her previous life after all. It wasn't like she had family or friends that she would miss. As long as she could remember, she always survived on her own and never relied on somebody else. Sure, her own strategy to survive was to use people, but they were just pawns in her games. They were disposable. She never cared for any of them.

​Of course, they didn't need to know that.

​When she heard the door being opened, she instantly wore a beaming face, a smile so radiant that the guy who just walked in had to stop for a moment, just to admired her for what seemed like the thousandth time.

​He cursed himself for being weak, for being an easy target of her charms, but he couldn't help it. He knew he was in trouble from the first time he saw her. She was running from him after she was arrested for her crimes. Her hair was long and curled perfectly, flying in her back like a golden waterfall. Her moves so graceful besides the obvious anxiety. Still, she couldn't run fast enough to escape his long and trained legs.

​But her eyes—her goddamn eyes. They were as bright as emeralds and so green that they reminded him of the forest he craved when he learned of Earth. One look and he was screwed. He couldn't ignore her pleas of mercy. He had to save her from being floated.

​And so he became another pawn of her game. He used his connection to change her age, from twenty years old to sixteen. It wasn't really believable because of her prominent face and womanly curves, so he put her into solitary. All of these efforts he did without a single clue that his object of affection didn't actually return his feelings.

​It was his fault to fell for a woman fit of being a snake. She knew very well he was the only thing standing between her and her death, and she knew very well how to keep him standing there.

​"My love," she whispered. "I've missed you."

​He smiled, his heart fluttered even though it wasn't the first time the girl called him with such endearment.