Chapter 1

"Daddy?"
There was no reply.
"Daddy daddy! Do you hear me, please!"
I stood there, only six years of age. All I could see was the single light of a candle. Seconds of being alone soon started to feel like minutes; then hours, days, years. But it had only been three minutes. I could finally hear footsteps. Falling to my knees, I started crying. I pleaded and screamed. "Why! What have I ever done! Please help me! Anyone! Someone!"
When finally I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. "There, there little girl. Don't cry. 'Tis alright." I looked up and saw a large figure in front of me. I stopped crying and stood up. "Who are you and what have you done with my father?"
The figure walked away and lit the candle. It was a woman with large, golden curls and eyes brighter than all the stars combined. "Melony. You are safe here, child. 'Tis alright." She got closer to me. She was a large woman, yet very curvy. She had large teeth, placed all about in her mouth. She sounded British, even though we weren't in London. "You have no idea what has happened. And I-er-feel the need to tell you." She got closer and closer, then sat across from me. "They broke out and came into your home. They indeed killed um-your father and afterward tried for you. 'Twas I that saved you and brought you here." To me she sounded like a moron. "Who is they and where are we and who are you and what broke out of who?"
The woman chuckled, her hair bouncing. "We are in an underground chamber, where only you and I remain."
I looked her dead in the eye and fearfully replied,"Answer me, 'Melony' and tell me who they are!"
"Why, little girl. You have no idea. Who they, this, and life is. As well as I."

But this is only the beginning of my story.