How you meet: Miscellaneous

🇨🇦 Canada~Matthew Williams

     You sat in your office, updating the rescue's website with recently rescued animals. You leaned back in your chair, stretching. You were the leader, founder, and president of Peaceful Paws International animal rescue. It started in a small town in America, as that was where you had founded it, but soon spread to Canada, South America, Europe, and Asia due to its special housing for exotic and wild animals as well as the staff's unique ability to take care of them. Now anyone who wanted to work with animals would immediately go for your rescue. Which was awesome and tiring at the same time. You sighed as you started to look through the new applicant's pile. You were a couple of applications in when you got a call on your office phone. This was a rare thing considering you weren't a dispatcher which meant this was a top priority case. "Peaceful Paws International Animal Rescue leader, (Y/n) (L/n), speaking How may I help you?" You said continuing to read through applications. "U-Uh! H-Hello! I'd like to report a Polar bear cub in danger!" The girl on the other end said urgently. This caused you to snap your head up, concern flooding through you. "What seems to be the problem?" You asked getting ready to get up and into action. "U-Uh He's holding o-onto a p-power line a-above oncoming tr-traffic! If he falls he's going to die! Please hurry!!!" She said, before telling a little ways away from the phone, "Its Okay little guy!!!! Just hold on tight!"

     After getting the girls whereabouts you drove there with your team and all the supplies necessary. When you got there you saw a group of people yelling and pointing at a little white polar bear clinging for his life over oncoming traffic. You immediately knew exactly what you need ed d to do so you told your team to control the crowd while you got the bear. They just nodded and you rushed into action. You got a harness, climbing ropes, and extra-durable clips out of the van. You suited up and walked over to a power line pole and got ready to climb. However, you stopped almost immediately when you heard a scream. You snapped your head to the source and saw a man with wavy blond hair, a curly hair coming off the top of his head, and tears flowing out of his violet eyes. He had a heavy tan winter coat and a pair of jeans and he was wearing glasses. "KUMAJIRO! HANG ON BUDDY! DON'T LET GO! PLEASE KUMAJIRO!" He yelled at the cub. The cub turned its head and wailed, nodding and tightening its grip in response to the man's call. Was this the owner or something? You pushed that to the back of your mind. If it was the owner you needed to return his pet safe and sound. You climbed up the pole and started attaching clips in there required areas before clipping on a zip line clasp. You held onto the wire, hanging upside down, and carefully climbed out to where the cub was. You knew you couldn't go exactly where the cub was or else the cub could lose his grip and fall so you opted for staying a couple of inches away and reaching.

     "Come, on! Little Kumijiro! Your owner is worried about you! You need to come with me so you can be safe..." You said in a calm voice, gently brushing the tips of your fingers against the cub's white fur. What you weren't expecting from the cub was a whole sentence response. "W-Who are you?" It said, paws shaking as it gripped onto the wire. You were physically startled by this as you jumped a little out of shock and retracted your hand. That was probably the worst move you could make as it shook the entire wire and caused the cub to slip. It was now dangling over the traffic holding on with its back paw hooked over the wire. It tried to grab onto the wire with its front paws but it's squirming caused it to slip off completely. At that moment the world slowed down as the polar bear plummeted to the ground. You jumped off the wire and free fell till you caught the cub now hanging from the wire and ropes you had attached to it.

     You let out a shaky breath as the cub's paw barely touched the top of a car. You pulled him close to your chest and strapped him there, grabbing onto the rope you slowly and carefully climbed up the rope and to the wire. There were a couple of points where you nearly fell but you eventually got back to the pole and climbed down. The man who had yelled before came running towards you as you unstrapped the bear. When you had finished he grabbed the bear from your arms and fell to his knees crying. "Kuma..." He whimpered, holding the bear close and the fur soaking up his tears. "W-Who are y-you?" The bear asked tilting its head and looking at the man as they leaned away from each other. He seemed to laugh a little at this, "I-I'm your owner Ca-...Matthew!" He said, seemingly correcting himself. You knelt down next to him, "I'm glad he's back with his owner but... Is-... Is that normal?... For him?" You asked referring to the speaking. "W-What? Of course not! I try not to let him out of my sight but this time he was just gone in a second! I don't normally allow him to climb over oncoming traffic!" The man responded in a slightly louder voice than when he was originally talking to the bear. Your face paled a little "Oh no! That's not what I meant! I was talking about the... well... 'Who are you?'" You said imitating the bear's squeaky voice. The Canadian made an 'Oh' face before it turned to a look of guilt. "Ah... Yes, it is... I'm sorry for raising my voice (That was him raising his voice?) at the misunderstanding..." He said, glancing down in shame.