Chapter 14

"Lady Charity, wake up miss. We need to get you ready for the day. You have class today." Alice gently shook me. 

  "What time is it?" I wake up groggily.

  "Seven in the morning, miss." Kelsey said as she got my dress and shoes ready. 

  I get up and sit in the chair. The girls didn't wash my hair everyday,which was the same at my house. 

 "Is the dress for today a shorter dress?" I look up at Jane. 

  "Yes, Miss." 

  "Good because I will be out in the gardens after breakfast." I smile. 

  They dutch braid my hair and roll it up into a bun after. Alice slips the dress over my head and zips it up. It was a champagne color top and black bottom  high low dress. Jane fluffs out the back and I slip on the heels. I buckled them on and stepped out of my room. 

  I breathed in and back out and started walking to the room where we had class. 

  I walked in the door and sat towards the back. I wasn't very fond of class. The rest of the girls filed in and sat near the middle. 

  Maragret walked in and began teaching. 

  "Today's lesson will be on the history of Illèa."

  I zoned out for most of the lesson until someone knocked on the door. Prince Nathaniel walked in the room and we got up and curtsied. He rose a hand and we sat. 

  "Ladies, as you know there are twenty-nine of you as of right now." I looked around and started counting and sure enough, including myself, there were twenty-nine girls. I focused back on the prince. 

  "I have met all of you. The first day I met you all I dismissed six girls. Today I will be doing the same.  Again six girls will be dismissed. Amelia Gains, Ferrah Johnson, Elizabeth Warren, Sophia Loren, Emma Thompson, Brittani Carter. You are dismissed. I am sorry." He looked down and walked out. As soon as he left he popped back in. 

  "Miss Margaret, may I see Camille Reyes." He popped back out and Margaret dismissed the six girls. The blonde girl from the hallway and airport stood up and walked out with a smug look. I held back a gasp and paid attention to the lesson.

  After breakfast we were dismissed and told we could do as we pleased. I walked to the gardens and went to the bench. I sat down on the ground making sure I stay modest.

  "God, wrap your arms around my family and keep them say as I am here. Let me fulfill your will. Keep your arms around us as we compete, God. Wrap a hedge of protection around me. Protect me from whatever may come against me. Amen." 

  I stood and heard two voices from the hedges. I peeked around the corner and saw the King and Queen walking toward me. I stepped out trying to leave before they got here. They noticed me and Queen America stopped me and smiled. 

  "Lady Charity, how are you?" 

  "I'm great, your highness." 

  "Splendid. May I ask why you are over here?" 

  "This is where I come to pray. Its peaceful and away from the hussle and bussle of the Palace. It's very calming." 

  She laughed. 

  "That I agree. We come here when we need time to ourselves." She held onto the King's arm. 

  "Lady Charity, may I ask which province you were from?" The King looked in my eyes kindly. 

  "Midston, your majesty. My whole family was raised there. Since my great grandmother." I answer. He nodded. 

  "My son was telling me you hold yourself up to a pretty strict standard. You don't cut nor dye your hair. You wear dresses at least to below your knees and sleeves at least past your elbow. Is there a specific reason?" He raised an eyebrow.

  "Yes sir. There is. I, as well as all of my siblings and parents, well we are Pentecostal. We hold ourselves up to these standards to be modest and please God. As for my hair. It is a covenant to God that I have made. Well more like a promise. A promise to keep my hair long and my natural color." I fold my hands in front of me. 

  "That makes sense. I haven't heard of many Pentecostals, since the fall of the United States and transformation to Illèa." 

  "Yes, your Highness. Some decided to fall out since the country was being over run. But most stayed. I am happy my family stayed." I spoke gracefully. He nodded. 

  "Well we won't hold you much longer. I must speak to my family about family matters." I curtsied and walked away. I made my way to the music room and lost myself in the music. 

~Hey guys!!! I am sorry I have been lacking but here ya go! I may have the opportunity to go on a mission trip next summer! If you have book suggestions for me to read tell me!
With love {sky} 💖💖