Chapter One: The party

Losing someone you love from your life is can be difficult to go through. But losing the only person from your life takes away your will to live, it crushes your soul until there is nothing left. I have to say I never expected it to end like this, one day you are planning their 19th birthday and the next you are planning their funeral.

It all started the night my boyfriend, Gale, dragged me to some frat boys party he had met a few hours before, whilst working down at the local coffee shop. The party was swarming with teenagers who either wanted to get smashed or laid, though it seemed as if it wouldn't be very difficult, there was kegs of alcohol stacked in a triangle in the far corner of the small living room, next to a group of female college students who were hovering in the doorway of a long corridor that displayed three open bedroom doors. It came to my attention that Gale was no longer stood next to me, I turned my head and scanned the room. Of course, he was nowhere in sight. I walked out onto the patio looking out into the cold night, there he was leaning against the tall wooden fence, beer in hand. He was accompanied by three boys who looked around the age of 16, the guy on the left, closest to the house, was standing hand in hand with a tall beautiful girl. She had thick black hair that bounced off her shoulders when she laughed, bringing out her deep blue eyes, and tan skin. As I was walking over I could feel Gales eyes on me, I look up and his eyes meet mine. He frantically ran up to me and held me his arms "Uhm, H-hey baby, you l-look hot." he burst into laughter. He was drunk, but the weird thing was, Gale never over drank at parties, he was that one responsible guy who would stay sober to make sure everyone got home safely.  I looked at him, his hair was drenched with sweat and he could barley stand straight, "Gale babe, I think it's time we head home"  I lead Gale through all the drunk teenagers and into the street, we walked and walked. I wasn't quite sure where we were going, I didn't know this part of the neighbourhood  as well as Gale and he was drunk so he was no help. I came to a intersection, cars drove past with their headlights lighting up our path, the lights bounced off a bench in the distance I grabbed Gales hand and dragged him so he could sit down before he passed out. We sat on the roadside bench hand in hand.

 Gale was the one person who had been by my side after my parents left, he had stuck with me through everything . A few years ago his family had invited me to stay with them until I found an apartment, they became my family, with them I felt loved. Throughout Primary School Gale was like a big brother to me, he would always protect me from bullies and made sure I walked home safely. At this point I was staying with my Aunt, Tracy who passed away just over 2 years ago now due to leukaemia. She was the only blood-related family I had left, after that I had no where to go, and then Gale came back into my life and kindly opened up his home to me. It didn't take long before we fell in love , just after a few weeks we were walking to school together holding hands, sneaking out of class and most of all kissing, back then we did a lot of that we spent every second together and after we finished talking we just kissed and kissed, and kissed.

But through the years instead of our love slowly fading, it only grew stronger and stronger and now 2 years later we are still deeply in love, nothing can separate us now.