Chapter Two: Forever Bonded

Gale gently squeezed my hand, he jumped to his feet "I'm cold" he said and started to make some fake shivering noises just in case I didn't get the message, "C'mon then, lets get you home" I took his hand and began to walk down the street towards his house. Gale's walk turned into a skip, his head turns towards mine and he says "Y'know, we have loved each other since primary right?" I nodded "It's kind of like we are forever bonded" he giggled and started to speed up  "Wait up!" I shouted at him as he skipped into the distance. I ran up behind him and grabbed his wrist so he couldn't run any further away from me, he swings his body around so he is now facing me. He scoffed "your a party pooper Anna Banana, anyways i gotta pee" he grinned at me and stumbled into the woods to find a tree, I sat down on the grass and watched very few cars go by with the headlights beaming bright and lighting up the small town shops.

Around 8 minutes had passed and Gale was still no where to be seen, then I started to worry.

What if he had been kidnapped?

I stood up and glanced at the woods, no sight of him. I took my phone out of my back pocket and turned to torch on full beam "Gale!" I shouted "Time to go home" but there was no response. I wandered further into the woods but  he was still out of sight, "Gale!" I screamed once again, hoping for a response, but no there was no "I'm here Banana" or giggles he was gone I couldn't find him. I continued came across a tree that a liquid that appeared to be pee, 

This is obviously where Gale had been but where had he gone?

. I looked down, blood there was lot's of blood, shivers shot down my spine.  I was praying that Gale would jump out from behind the tree and scare me, that he would tell me it's time to go home, I waited and waited until I realised he wasn't behind the tree, and that he could be in real danger. I frantically dialled in 911, a lady picked up she sounded as if she could be in her late 40's  "Hello, what is your emergency"  I started to cry I couldn't help it, Gale was missing and all that I could see was blood, his blood.  "Hello Dear, tell me whats wrong and we will get help"  I sniffled "My boyfriend got drunk at a party, and we were walking home"  Hundreds of salty tears escaped my eyes and ran down my cheeks and into my mouth  "He said he needed to pee so he went into the woods, minutes passed and he didn't return so I went in after him, and there was blood, lots and lots of blood. I can't find him!"   The lady on the other end of the line gasped "Don't worry dear, help is on the way stay put!" then she hung up and I was left alone standing in the middle of the woods over my boyfriends blood. 

I saw flashing lights, men in uniform stormed into the woods, a man tightly grasped my arm "Are you alright ? no injuries or pain? did you see anything?" I shook my head, I was speechless I couldn't talk what if something terrible has happened to him? I heard a officer shout "Over here boys!" I saw around four men run towards the voice followed by loads of quiet gasps. The officer tugged on my arm "Let's get you out of here hun" At that moment I swear my heart dropped "No! Let me see him!" I scream "Let me see he is okay!" the officer tugs me again  "Stay right here" he said before running back into the woods. I just stood there, 3 minutes passed and I hadn't heard anything,  suddenly figures stared to emerge from the darkness carrying something wrapped up in tarp, then I realised. Gale was dead, someone was in the woods that night and took his life, my precious boys life. Tears uncontrollably fell out of my eyes, it was all my fault I shouldn't have let him go alone, if I had gone with him maybe he would have still been alive or maybe we both would have been killed in the woods.  Then I felt it, I was going to throw up, I swung to the grass vomit flew out my mouth. I couldn't stop I stood there for 10 minutes straight just throwing up, my life was over I had officially lost everything.