Chapter 7

Third pov

The queen was gone.

No trace of her.

The kings were furious and ready to rip the next person saying something wrong apart.

No one could find her and they went as far as calling Esme to see if she knew something.

Nothing.

Not until Peter and Charlotte appeared at the castle's doors.

"There's a big problem." Peter said as they were let in. "There's something going on around Sweden and Salem."

Time skip

"Salem is completely closed off. No can get in but no human reacts to it. It's like they can't remember the place ever existing. And then there's sweden, the few covens that live there has gone off the grid." Peter explained.

"What prompted you to look this up?"

"Because of this." He tossed his phone to Caius. It was a message from Will sent a few days earlier.

Check out Salem and swedish witch covens.

Nothing more.

"It seems we were wrong to take this lightly..." Marcus sighed.

"Indeed." Aro pulled out a book from the shelf and put it onto the table in the middle of the room.

Salem witch trials

Charlotte looked at the book, curious about it. The book was old. At least a few hundred years.

"The Salem Witch Trials were the last time that the witches of the world were seen publicly. None of the people executed were a witch, but it still scared them into hiding. Something they're still doing today." Caius explained. "The major players back then were the Witch covens in Salem, shortly followed by those in Sweden. Although, the ones in Sweden were far better at staying hidden than most of their acquaintances."

The blond king opened the book to a page with a photo of an old painting containing three young women.

"We weren't on good terms with them back then. They were, for lack of a better term, greedy. They wanted anything they could get their hands on. Power, social standing, money, anything. They wanted to go back to being a part of human society like they were in ancient times."

Caius pointed to the woman in the middle wearing a beautiful black dress and had her hair in an intricate design.

"Mafalda Weatherby was one of the most experienced witches that lived around Salem by the time of the trials. She had been denied a place in the Witches Council at first due to a disturbing lack of care for other living beings. That changed, however, when she met young Rosa," Now he pointed to the young woman left of Mafalda. "She was the leader of the Council and a bright young witch. Sadly she was also way too trusting of others and Mafalda got into her head."

"So, the bad witch got into the good witch's head an did, what?" Peter asked.

Marcus sighed. "She pushed her own ideas into Rose's mind, manipulated her into following Mafalda. She became Mafalda's pawn in a game against the rest of the witches that did not want her influence on anything. What she is now, we can only guess."

Alright, i made this chapter far longer than it was before.

Now, i got some news, if you guys have a character you'd like me to add (witch, vampire or something else) then send me a private message and I'll tell you if i can add it or not.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)