Chapter 3

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" I half shout in anger as I glare at the flat tire on my old rusty car.

"Mommy you can't say bad words!" Anna scolds shaking her finger at me in an accusing manner. Sometimes I forget she's right next to me and let strings of swear words out of my mouth which isn't a good idea around her, a few days ago I burned myself cooking and said shit, next thing I know tiny hands are trying to shove a bar of soap in my mouth. It's funny to think of now but at the time it frustrated me to no end I couldn't exactly get onto her for doing that when it was probably something I would do if I caught her ever cussing. A flat tire is the worse possible thing to happen right now, I'm not scheduled to work at the gas station this morning so I pulled off getting a double shift at the restaurant. It's an hour's walk to the restaurant so I don't have the time to walk there or I would be very late, considering I also have to drop Anna off at daycare. Biting my lip nervously my attention goes straight to Linda's house, I hate to ask a favor from her but I can't be late to work, my finances won't allow me to be late. Sighing in defeat I take Anna's hand and walk to the middle-aged woman's beautiful two-story home. Taking a steadying breath I shakily knock on the door hoping I'm not waking her up, I would feel so awful if I woke such a nice woman up so early in the morning. A few seconds later the door creaks open revealing the overly cheery brown-headed woman, she must have been right next to the door to be able to open it that fast.

"Oh honey it's so early is something wrong?" Taking in her nicely dressed appearance it seems she's been up to a while making me relieved I didn't wake her up.

Unconsciously my head drops. "Umm... I hate to bother you but my car has a flat tire and I have to work at the restaurant this morning.." I trail off feeling my cheeks turning bright red from the embarrassment of asking for help, something I've never had to do.

A certain gleam shines in her gray eyes. "No problem! My oldest son stayed here last night and he is already awake, so how about he drives you to work? He was thinking of going to the restaurant anyways for breakfast and I will be more than happy to walk our little angel to daycare." Anna beams at being called a little angel then throws herself into Linda's arms.

"Grandma Linda, you are an angel too." Linda's face lights up as she fawns all over Anna, my baby is an angel but she's also a little demon that uses dirty tricks, like complimenting someone so she can get all the attention she wants.

Linda runs a hand through Anna's hair. "I'll go ahead and leave with Anna, my son should be down in just a minute." She says to me not taking her eyes off my daughter that she's going to spoil her rotten. Leaning down I kiss Anna on the cheek which she returns, then watch as Linda takes one of her tiny hands and starts walking her to daycare. My brows furrow when I realize that Linda didn't go into the house to tell her son to come out, she must be calling him as she's taking Anna to daycare. Not even five minutes later as I sit on the porch steps of Linda's house glaring at my car, the front door bangs open startling me, making me jump up when grumbling reaches my ears... very angry pissed off grumbling that must belong to Linda's son. Quickly I straighten up and turn to face him, I try my best to plaster on a fake smile but it comes out as an embarrassing awkward smile, showing how I feel at the moment.

"I-I'm sorry to inconvenience you." I squeak as I peek up, towering over me was the man from the grocery store who helped me, as soon as his angry gray orbs landed on my face his expression went from pissed to shocked. I'm shocked just as well, he's staring wide-eyed at me and I'm staring wide-eyed at him with my mouth hanging open, it is completely unexpected that the man from the store turned out to be Linda's son. I honestly never thought I would see this guy again. Recovering from my shock, his appearance registers in my mind making me frown, he was asleep, his hair is a lot messier than when I first saw him, the jogger pants he is wearing are wrinkled as well as the tank top he has on, looking closely at his eyes there's a tinge of red in them from being woken up. I mentally facepalm myself feeling like the biggest asshole for waking him. "Oh my gosh were you asleep?! I'm so sorry if I woke you up! When Linda answered the door she said her son was already awake!" The words fly out as I panic.