Chapter 58

Edwins POV

"Babe is it set up?!" "Almost!"

Zion and I went out and got Alaïa her puppy.

We had to get Alaïa out of the house so we could surprise her, so Brandon and Nick volunteered to take her out for the day.

I have no idea where they took her and I don't care, I trust them enough to watch my kid.

We're gonna let her name her because it's her dog, as of now.

We've already decided that we don't need anymore animals until Alaïa gets older and will be able to take care of them. We're obviously gonna help her, but we can't look after five thousand pets like she wants.

I got up from my place on the bed in our room to see how much progress Zion had actually made in Alaïa's.

"How much longer?"

He was in the middle of setting up her area that we decided to have in Alaïa's room. We figured Alaïa would want her to sleep with her anyway so might as well have everything in her room.

"Well I'm done now. How does it look?" "She's gonna love it." "Shes gonna love this dog a lot more."

"I know. Shes never gonna want to put her down." "Just like you never wanted to put her down when she was born?"

"Thats because she's cute and cuddly. She's too big for that now." "I don't care how old she is, she better never hesitate to show her daddy some love."

"Zion she's a daddies girl, I think your set." "You think so?" "I know so." "You wanna know another thing? This puppy is gonna take up all of her attention for a while."

"I'm good with that. As long as she's enjoying her." "It feels good to have a new addition to the family. Welcome to the family puppy."

Now was a really good time to bring up the conversation I had been holding off on.

"What if we had another one?" "Another what?"

"Another addition to the family." "What do you mean?"

"I want a baby."

"We have one." "Well, I want another one."

"Boo. Are you sure?" "I mean going to the doctors and finding out that I'm not pregnant made me feel really sad and now I actually want a baby."

"Are you sure about this, this isn't your baby fever talking for you?" "Maybe, I don't know. But I want to start trying. I want a baby Zion."

"Edwin let's think about this." "Whats there to think about?"

"Theres a lot to think about." "When I thought I was pregnant at first you didn't act like this."

"Thats because I thought you were pregnant and there wasn't much time to think about anything. Now that we know your not, we have time to settle in a little more."

"What do you mean settle in a little more? I thought you wanted the same thing as me."

"I do want to expand our family, but boo you have to realize that if we wait we'll be at a better place."

"What do you mean better place?" "I just mean when we're older like we planned."

"Baby fever is real Z! I'm craving a baby!"

"I just don't want you saying stuff. I want you to really be ready."

"And I am." "Are you-"

Before he could finish the doorbell rung.