chapter eight: finding out

You're back in your room at the hotel and you're staring at the ceiling. "Should I tell him or not?" You heavily sighed. "Harley, it hurts."

You're currently calling Harley on your phone and you heard Harley sigh. "Nothing will happen if you are not going to tell him how you feel."

"Oh, forget about my feelings." You loudly groan. "Think about our friendship! It could totally ruin it."

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do know that."

You pressed your lips together and sat up. You decided to change the topic so you thought for a moment. A topic came to your mind. "Hey, uh, Harley? Have you heard of a man named Beck?"

Harley raised a brow. "Beck. Sounds familiar. Why?"

You looked at the window and crossed your arms. "He sounds familiar to me too. Can you search him up for me?"

Harley opened his laptop and clicked on an app. "What's his last name?"

"Beck is his last name, I presume." You told him. "Maybe he was Dad's employee?"

You heard Harley typing on his keyboard. "Might take a while. The signal here is shit. I'll call you when I found something."

"Okay," You smiled. "Thanks."

Peter came back to the hotel after having drinks with Quentin Beck in a bar. Ned spotted him so ran towards him and hugged him. "Peter! Oh, my God! We almost died!"

Peter chuckled. "It's fine, it's fine," Peter reassured as he pulled away from the hug and has a huge grin on his face. "Hey, guess what. I'm done with the mission."

Ned sighed. "Dude, the trip's over."

Peter gasped. "What?"

"Monsters are coming out of the ground everywhere we go," Ned complained. "Of course our parents would want us home."

"Please, don't put me on hold." Harrington came and patted Peter's shoulder. "Oh, Peter! You're not dead! Oh, my God. Yes. Good, stay here. Don't die. Put some clothes on. We're booking flights."

Harrington walked away and continued talking to someone, probably a parent, on the phone. Dell came and was shaking his head. "Speaking for science, we're leaving because of witches. Welcome to the new dark ages."

After Dell left, Peter turned to Ned. "What's going on, dude?"

"We're going home in the morning," Ned informed.

Peter shook his head in disappointment. "No. No, no, no. All the Elementals are gone."

Peter and Ned were just right outside your door so you could hear them talking.

"Ned?" You heard Betty call out.

"Coming, sweetie," Ned replied before leaving.

You heard a door open, assuming it was Flash because his room was close to you. "Can you guys keep it down? I'm live streaming."

You opened the door as soon as Flash closed his door. You smiled at Peter. "Hey."

Peter turned around. "Hey." He greeted back.

"Where were you?" You asked even though you already knew where he had been. You just want to know if he was going, to tell the truth to you.

"Um... I got lost..." Peter lied which made you disappointed.

"They were worried about you." You told him. "Good thing you're back."

Peter smiled kindly. "Yeah."

You sighed and looked down on the floor. "So much for Paris, right? It would've been fun."