Chapter 1.2

Monday's were typically the worst and it didn't help that Lili would be starting at a new school with people she didn't know a week late. Most of these people have already formed groups and Lili did not want to deal with it. The weather was chilly but not cold and drizzly but not rainy, perfect for the outfit she had picked out the night before. She turned on her grow lights for her high sun plants and checked her heat mats for the rest of them before going to the bathroom to shower. She unpacked her sage and citrus shampoo and lavender body wash from a box under the sink along with the rest of her toiletries.

   Sluggishly she stepped into the shower and then spent about 20 minutes staring at the wall before finally washing herself and getting out. Her outfit consisted of a pair of blue skinny jeans, a cropped black tank top, a black and white flannel, and boot heels. After putting on a tiny bit of mascara and lipgloss Lili left the bathroom and went downstairs. Grabbing her messenger bag she walked into the kitchen where Charlie sat with two cups of coffee.

"Are you ready to go?" He looked up from his newspaper and took a sip of his coffee.

"Yep I am!" Lili brought her cup up to her lips, "mmmm you remembered how I liked my coffee!" After finishing the cup she set it into the sink along with Charlie's and made her way to the front door.

"You know what," Charlie said while opening the door. "How about you drive." With that he handed her a set of keys and moved out of the way to expose a beautiful cherry red 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback sitting in the driveway.

"Wait... wait you're joking right? Oh my god she's beautiful!" Like a child she grabbed the keys out of Charlie's hand and skipped down the stairs and to her new car.

"I'd say drive carefully but I know you. Have a good day at school and please don't get in trouble." With that Charlie turned and made his way to his car while Lili excitedly crawled into hers.

•••
   It's not like she really cared but wow this school was practically the definition of a small town high school. Her gaze swept over the parking lot picking through the cliques, stopping at one in particular. They were pale, beautiful, and elegant they stuck out in the crowd of teenagers like they weren't supposed to be there and it was like the others knew that. They parted around the group like they were the plague. She definitely missed her old school by now. She missed her group of friends chanting twerk in the McDonald's parking lot at 12 AM or pestering her favorite teacher calling him mom. This school looks like it won't be able to handle her personality one bit.

She pulled herself out of her car with a bounce in her step and made her way to where she assumed the office was ignoring the stairs of everyone else. Her hopes to be left alone were quickly diminished when a guy draped his arm around her shoulders.

   "You must be Lilian Swan, I'm Eric the eyes and ears of this place," he said in one breath with his arm still wrapped around her shoulder.

"It's Lili and so Mr. eyes and ears of the school would you like to escort me to the office?"

"It would be my pleasure," he said while offering his arm. He then began explaining short tidbits about the school and the people in it to her in the short amount of time it took to get to the office.

   "Hi I'm Lilian Swan, I need to pick up my schedule," she looked at a woman that was middle aged and very pretty. She smiled while shuffling her papers around until she found a small packet that she then handed to Lili.

   "So in there you will find your schedule, locker assignment, and a map of the school but it looks like you already have a guide for that. If you need anything else just come here and we can see what we can do for you," she said with a smile and with a quick thank you Lili turned around and headed out of the office where Eric was standing.